exhaust?

5 replies to this topic
  • jjk

Posted June 08, 2004 - 05:41 PM

I have a 99 WR400, and I was wondering is there a gasket of some sort between the header pipe and the muffler side, where the connection is made with the clamp? The reason I ask is mine leaks at that point. I've tightened the clamp but it still leaks..... :thumbsup:

• jjk

Posted June 08, 2004 - 05:46 PM

I forgot to mention I have the stock header pipe, with a White Bros E series silencer......

• WR_Dave

Posted June 09, 2004 - 02:16 AM

Yes there is a gasket. If it leaks you may find alot of backfiring when you get back on the throttle. Although your bike is a 99', TTr's dread backfires. WR Dave. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jjk

Posted June 09, 2004 - 03:33 AM

Will a leak like this rob the bike of power or is it insignificant?

• holeshot426

Posted June 09, 2004 - 10:39 AM

Match that WB silencer to a WB tapered head pipe and you wont need a gasket plus you'll gain significant low and midrange power...

• Brettv

Posted June 09, 2004 - 04:46 PM

yeah there is a gasket between the two, its better to replace it or you get a lot of popping on deceleration. i had the same problem on my bike, the yamaha part costs around $20 in OZ

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.