Stock Air Filter?

5 replies to this topic

Posted June 08, 2004 - 05:28 PM

What do you guys think? Should I even bother running the bike with the stock filter? or should I go straight to the Twin Air?

• B86_Racer

Posted June 08, 2004 - 05:58 PM

I'd go straight to a twin air. I love mine! :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted June 08, 2004 - 06:18 PM

You could get a 2nd filter and use them both. I have 3 for my 250 and 2 for my 450. When I clean them and oil them it's all at once. Actually makes it simpler and I usually have a spare clean, oiled and ready to go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RaptorFla

Posted June 08, 2004 - 07:41 PM

first a tampon, next a diaper, then try not to rip out the stitches kicking it. remember always refil your ridlin befor getting the filter

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 09, 2004 - 01:20 AM

The stock filter is actually pretty good. I used mine for about 2 years before it got worn out, never had any dirt or dust past the filter and I ride in some pretty nasty dirt here in S. FL. When I replaced it I went with another stocker. :thumbsup: I'm not sure why stock parts still have a bad name, most stock parts these days are pretty good parts (save for the bars and chain).

• Rider_727

Posted June 09, 2004 - 04:46 PM

I agree with sirthumpalot the stocker is pretty darn good. The most important thing to remember is just to have a fresh and clean one before you ride. I change mine about every practice session or every race moto. I have 14 spare filters ready to go. I uesd to run twinair's until a new product called Ready filter. They are brand in preoiled and high quality new in the package. AND GUESS WHAT THEY ARE ONLY $9.95 NEW!! the website is if you want to check it out for your self. There is not difference performance wise from the Twinair to the Ready filter. Like dude you got to check it out!!! Oh yeah and NoToil is by far the best filter cleaner!! :awww: :thumbsup:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.