Magura Hydr on ´01 YZ426 - Pics anyone???

5 replies to this topic
  • jespertheil

Posted June 07, 2004 - 11:28 AM

I bought a Magura hydralic clutch that hasn´t been used more than once..
Does anyone have a piture of on a YZ426?? I would like to see how it is installed.. I can´t figure out how to mount it on the clutch arm.. Maybe something i missing.. :thumbsup:

• Fathom

Posted June 07, 2004 - 12:56 PM

There should be a silver peice that goes onto the little do-dad on the end of the cable. I nearly lost mine at the shop when I got the box. The attachment was still in the big box it came in.

• 4strokeflyer

Posted June 07, 2004 - 02:55 PM

I've got it on mine. The install was pretty easy. PM me and I'll email you some pics if you want. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jespertheil

Posted June 07, 2004 - 09:41 PM

I got the little silver thing that goes on the end, but it looks to small... On the original cable its a small cylinder, but on the Magura its a small round thing..

• Fathom

Posted June 08, 2004 - 02:58 AM

Right, there is another peice that clips over that peice. It's a cylinder just like in the cable. Your apparently missing yours.

• R_Little

Posted June 08, 2004 - 03:48 AM

If I recall you have to cut a small piece out of the clutch arm in order to hook the magura slave cyl rod to the YZ clutch arm. I believe the instructions are on Magura's web site in PDF format. Call them Magura.com or MaguraUSA.com or something like that.

Once it is installed you will not believe the difference. I went to YZ timing so I use the clutch a lot now. Without the Magura, I'd switch back to WR timing for sure.

Good luck

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.