Need recommendation on a replacement headlight

6 replies to this topic
  • gloft

Posted June 07, 2004 - 09:08 AM

Got roosted a lot this weekend overtaking slower riders at a DS event and noticed my headlight took the brunt of it. Looks like the OEM replacements are not cheap either. In fact, it looks like I can replace the whole headlight assembly with an Acerbis unit for less money than the OEM light itself. Anyone else been down this road? I'd like to find a replacement made of something besides glass. Any suggestions/experiences are much appreciated :thumbsup:

• tvawr450

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:10 PM

I put on an acerbis diamond unit after my original bit the dust. Oem was $107.00 just for the bulb assy. so I went with the acerbis complete unit for $119.00 can. It has two floods and a pencil beam and is very bright. It also has replaceable plastic lens covers very tough, and you can get different colours.
i'm very happy with mine

Todd :thumbsup: :awww:

:lol:

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:36 PM

If you want to stay with the stock headlight they appear on ebay quite often. They usually go for less than $75 and often much less.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • willy_fitz

Posted June 08, 2004 - 03:33 AM

I Have the Acerbis DHH light on mine in Yamaha Blue and like it very much.

Willy Fitz

• gloft

Posted June 08, 2004 - 03:48 AM

[QUOTE]
I put on an acerbis diamond unit after my original bit the dust. Oem was $107.00 just for the bulb assy. so I went with the acerbis complete unit for $119.00 can. It has two floods and a pencil beam and is very bright. It also has replaceable plastic lens covers very tough, and you can get different colours.
i'm very happy with mine

Any problem with the fit on these Acerbis units? Saw one on Motorcycle Superstore yesterday, but the description said "fits most bikes". That makes me nervous. :thumbsup:

• tvawr450

Posted June 08, 2004 - 05:02 PM

No problem with the fit, the acerbis unit attaches with rubber straps that go around the fork tubes.
The only modification you have to do is remove the old wire connection and put on the one supplied , very simple installation.

Todd :lol: :thumbsup:
:awww:

• gloft

Posted June 09, 2004 - 05:38 AM

Anyone using the Baja Designes OEM replacement light? I'm leaning towards it since it appears to illuminate better than stock and it's DOT approved :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.