Shoulder Surgery = Season Over

7 replies to this topic
  • Hokie

Posted June 20, 2002 - 07:56 AM

Well,

I dislocated my shoulder for the 4th time on Tuesday at Berthoud. Not even a bad crash, just a lowside in a corner and bumped my shoulder on the ground and out it popped. I just got back from the ortho and it is surgery time on July 19th.

4 months to total recovery, season over.

At least I'll be ready for ski season.

Now I have a dilemma:

Sell the '01 426 now and get something else in the spring, or just keep it???

• thumper4life

Posted June 20, 2002 - 08:37 AM

ouch, thats gotta hurt. :) my shoulder pops in and out sometimes when playing basketball and it hurts really bad and shocks me but it goes right back in. but back to your dilemma, sell it because your not gonna be able to ride it for awhile, then when you do get back in it you're gonna have a new one, and who doesnt like new stuff?!?! :D

• westladog

Posted June 20, 2002 - 08:46 AM

I say three months before you can ride (if you have surgery).

sell the bike! you know you want that 03 model :)

• Hokie

Posted June 20, 2002 - 09:22 PM

Originally posted by westladog:
I say three months before you can ride (if you have surgery).

sell the bike! you know you want that 03 model :)

Defintely getting surgery, having that thing pop out all the time sucks.

Not sure if I want a first year YZ450 or not, I like to get the second year models since the bugs are more likely to be worked out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeolichney

Posted June 20, 2002 - 09:35 PM

Bummer, Hokie, sorry to hear that. I guess you wont be going to CB with us. I talked to you right after I dislocated mine skiing in January. I must say, it was very painful. I have been lifting weights and things are pretty much back to normal with it. Don't neglect the PT, and lift if you can.

As to the 03, I dont think its been that radical a redesign, kind of like going from the 400 to 426. I would not even think twice about getting a 450.

Best of luck and keep me informed. Mike

• Dodger

Posted June 20, 2002 - 10:58 AM

Dude, Hokie, you were supposed to wait until we did some trail riding before you hurt yourself again :D .....

That bits dude, I wish a quick recovery for you. I'm kinda the same way, both of my shoulders pop out whenever they want, grabing a cup of coffee, POP, reaching behind me, POP, sucks for sure. Same thing as thumper4life, very unstable shoulder sockets. I'm going to wait on surgery for a while yet, suppose until it gets to bad.

Hey, at least you've got the other arm to raise those Mt Sun pints :) :D ....awwww yeah!

Spirts up dude, we'll have you racing around us soon enough......

Late

Dodger :D :D

• Hokie

Posted June 20, 2002 - 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Dodger:
Dude, Hokie, you were supposed to wait until we did some trail riding before you hurt yourself again :D .....

That bits dude, I wish a quick recovery for you. I'm kinda the same way, both of my shoulders pop out whenever they want, grabing a cup of coffee, POP, reaching behind me, POP, sucks for sure. Same thing as thumper4life, very unstable shoulder sockets. I'm going to wait on surgery for a while yet, suppose until it gets to bad.

Hey, at least you've got the other arm to raise those Mt Sun pints :D :D ....awwww yeah!

Spirts up dude, we'll have you racing around us soon enough......

Late

Dodger :D :D

Wait UNTIL it gets bad?!?!
Sounds bad already! Mine isn't that bad, but it does not go back in on its own.

How can you ride like that?!?!!

Looks like I'll end up meeting you at the Sun before we ever get to ride together!

Ding ding - Java Porter please......

:)

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

• Hokie

Posted June 20, 2002 - 12:14 PM

Originally posted by mikeolichney:
Bummer, Hokie, sorry to hear that. I guess you wont be going to CB with us. Mike

I'm bummin' about the CB trip, thanks for reminding me! :)

Glad to hear your shoulder is holding up!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.