Exhaust set up....WOULD THIS JUST BE CRAZY???????

4 replies to this topic
  • XXX_Thumper

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:38 AM

Ok, me and EX2Stroker were trying out each others bikes this weekend and I need to change something. My bikes got good suspension, but rides like a honda. He's got a Thunder alley on a all stock bike with 15/50. His pulls like mad. Has anyone put a Thunder Alley pipe with a FMF power bomb. Would this just be suicide??? I'm thinking of just getting a power bomb right now and ordering a thunder alley in the winter. What do you guys think.

P.S. I wonder what the dyno would show with this type of set up????

• bigc

Posted June 07, 2004 - 04:29 PM

dude,its an exhaust not NOS :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XXX_Thumper

Posted June 08, 2004 - 10:48 AM

If you felt the difference between our two bikes, you would think so. :thumbsup:

• Jeffro426

Posted June 10, 2004 - 03:43 AM

If you felt the difference between our two bikes, you would think so. :awww:

Maybe yours dont run right then?? :thumbsup:

P.S. I wonder what the dyno would show with this type of set up????

Honestly, probably will be hardly noticable on a dyno...the stock exhaust on the yamahas are already pretty good and while you may gain a single...maybe 2 horsepower, its most likely to be down lower. Dont expect a 10 HP increace everywhere like your sounding! :lol:

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 10, 2004 - 04:43 AM

All else being equal, check the jetting and valve clearance specs. If you are feeling that much difference, and the gearing on the bikes is the same (hint hint) then either one being off would cause a lack of power.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.