WR f*rts then dies!!
Posted June 07, 2004 - 03:02 AM
Last time I tried to take her out, she spat out a few loud farts on the second kick then died and I can NOT get her going again. I am sick and tired of taking the darn tank off to look at a spark plug which appears a little sooty, but no big deal and gives off a nice big spark.
Leaving overnight did nothing to improve the situation nor my temper. Its a good job the garage is far from the house or my littl'uns would be learning some stuff they could shock their teachers with.
Has anyone had this problem and any suggestions to remedy.
I have been starting 99% first/second/third kick for most of the time but now am stumped.
Jetting is as per stock with following adjustments 45 PJ, JD red needle clip 3, 168 main. I run with a relatively restricted CRD pipe and powerbomb
Posted June 07, 2004 - 04:45 AM
Posted June 07, 2004 - 08:31 AM
Posted June 07, 2004 - 08:35 AM
Posted June 07, 2004 - 10:06 AM
Turn that thing up so you will have a high-revver.
Once it is running, dial it back down to an acceptable RPM.
First time I changed out a slide plate, I somehow turned that thing down, and it simply was not open enough to start. Once I figured that out, dialed it up higher, it started right up, and I then brought it back down to where it needed to be.
Hope that is it, because that is easy.
Posted June 07, 2004 - 05:35 PM
Near impossible to start, lots of back fires, coal black wet plug and, oh yea, a near broke ankle (felt like that to me) a couple of times.
After much frustration I used some starting fluid to start my bike ran for a second or two and die. I pulled off the bowl nut and no fuel!!
Traced the problem to the petcock. Cleared the line and no more problem. I recently bought the bike used so I don't have any idea what caused the problem.
Posted June 07, 2004 - 10:14 PM
I pulled the tank & shrouds for the n'th time last night:
- plug, sooty and wet looking....guessing it was fouled but I presume its wet with gas, so whats with the fouling ? maybe I dont understand what a fouled plug is...put an old 'dry' one in...
- I could have sworn I had swapped out the start jet, but couldnt find the original amongst all the other (8x) main air jets I have (they look identical). Finally found the sucker and put back the stock 85 from the 60 I had put in there.
....started with my sandals on 3'rd kick .....I'm thinking new plug
- will adjust idle...good suggestion
- will check the petcock I looked in my tank with a flashlight the other day and saw what looked like lots of flakes of metal ??!!
- valves checked a little while ago...ok...
- air filter.... went through that one this winter....3 months riding in dust, no cleaning and cold weather doesnt make ole blue a happy lady!!
thanks for all the suggestions...