Stupid Question About Where To Oil Fill

3 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 07, 2004 - 02:54 AM

Ok couldn't seem to find this in the owners manual. I have all the old oil drained out and ready to put fresh in. Just not quite sure where? Do you put the new oil in at the frame or at the motor? Also the manual said 1.27 quarts. How much is .27?

• BIGMatt

Posted June 07, 2004 - 05:31 AM

Fill the oil through the crank case filler hole!!
I tried to fill some oil through the frame, and the rest in the crankcase, but then when I started the engine, oil overflowed out the frame dipstick hole. I drained it all, and filled only through the crank and its all good now. Only use the frame hole to check the oil level. Thats what it says in my owners manual. 1.27qt is a little more than 1-1/4 qts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted June 07, 2004 - 12:56 PM

section "INSP/ADJ",
"engine oil replacement".
3. Remove:....Oil filler cap......
9. Fill: .Crankcase
i don't mean to be a butthead, but it is in there.
don't put in 1.27 quarts unless you do a rebuild. you'll over fill. the manual says 1.16 with filter replacement. it's hard to tell how much we drain some times. put in a quart and go through the checking procedure. warm up the engine........ check the level and add if needed.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 07, 2004 - 02:16 PM

great thanks guys for the info. I'll start off will only adding a quart of oil like you mentioned. Then I'll check the dipstick and will add more if needed. Thanks again :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.