GYT-R Header pipe give oil filter access on a 426?

7 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted June 07, 2004 - 02:20 AM

Does the GYT-R HEader pipe allow oil filter access on a 426? There's no way I'm gonna buy a pipe you have to remove to clean the filter.

Thanks
Hamish

• holeshot426

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:21 AM

Check out White Brothers head pipes. The tapered one and the highboy both clear the oil filter. The tapered pipe is good for low/mid improvement.

• wildo

Posted June 07, 2004 - 08:23 AM

the gyt-r pipe dose alow access to your oil filter i have tha exhaust on my 426

• aremean_troy

Posted June 07, 2004 - 08:32 AM

I am using the gyt-r ti header (tapered) and it gives access to my oil filter!

anyway, I think the 01-02 header (stock) also allows access to the oil filter.

cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted June 07, 2004 - 01:01 PM

i put the stainless gytr header on my 450 after bending the ti one. i suspect that it may be the same as the white bros. made by W.B.? why not, if acerbis makes the gas tanks......

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 07, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Check out White Brothers head pipes. The tapered one and the highboy both clear the oil filter. The tapered pipe is good for low/mid improvement.

WB made the headers and exhaust for the early GYTR pipes. The ones you see on Ebay are the WB pipes.

Any yes, TONS of clearance for filter removal. They are tucked in pretty high to the radiator and avoid crash damage pretty well also.

• Shuffler

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:41 PM

I ride an '02 and no problem getting at the filter to change it - the head pipe is not in the way.

• Hamish

Posted June 07, 2004 - 11:33 PM

thanks guys... my bike had a Ti DSP pipe on when I got it. I thought the stocker pipe obstructed the filter, but that must only be on the early models. Anyone who has GYT-R pipe with YZ muffler can you tell me how it goes and how loud it is??

thanks again

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.