Carb breather hoses: re-routing

1 reply to this topic
  • Andrew_Perry

Posted December 09, 2000 - 07:55 PM

I've found that during deep water crossings the WR splutters and will die if the revs aren't kept high. I she does die, it's an absolute bugger to start until itsbeen left standing for a while (to dry out).

I've been told that re-routing the carb breather hoses to the airbox will solve the problem. I also tested it by putting the hose ends in a glass of water and turning up the idle - it started to suck water up the hoses (I figure water in the carb can't be a good thing :).

I tried putting them all up there but one started to get fuel build up in it - the others seemed OK.

Can someone tell me which hoses should be re-routed and which can/should stay down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted December 09, 2000 - 08:37 PM

The trick is to get some small T's at the auto parts store, and route the hoses both up and down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.