fuel tank used in the Australian safari

3 replies to this topic
  • motionmama

Posted June 06, 2004 - 03:51 PM

Anyone from down under. I read where the WR450F used in the Australian safari has a 6 gallon fuel tank. I want one really bad and have emailed 10-15 people and have had no response what so ever. Supposedly the tanks are made by a local canoe company called Auqaline. If you have any suggestions or know someone who might please send me a line. thank you

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 06, 2004 - 05:02 PM

Try email amtra.com.au there last high country ride was sponsered by "safari tanks australia" they may be able to give you a number, tell 'em Steve Simmonds referred you, the president is Ian Robinson, hth

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scheffaa

Posted June 08, 2004 - 11:38 PM

those tanks are normally custom made for the teams and racers, by going to a fabricating place they may be able to make you one if you take in your old tank so they can mould off the back of it.

• w_ahhh450

Posted June 09, 2004 - 12:03 AM

I saw a wr450 at the motorshow in Brisbane earlier this year and it had the 35 litre fuel tank on it.
Try contacting ballards http://www.ballards.cc/
for info.
It looked very well designed but I don't know who made it but the guys at Ballards should be able to help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.