Kouba extended fuel screw w/T-handle

10 replies to this topic
  • FASTFRANK

Posted June 19, 2002 - 09:19 PM

Hey guys,
I was looking over the search feature under these Kouba t-handles and extended fuel screws. I see that supposedly you can order an extended fuel screw that comes w/ the T-handle. This is what I read in some previous threads from may of this year. But according to the link for Kouba it does not say that it comes w/ the t-handle. What about the oring and spring ??? I know some of you have ordered these so can you help me out?? Let me know what the deal is and how quick can I get one. I called Norman Kouba and left a message about needing one by using the number given on the website. I would much rather spend 20 bucks than the 30-50 I will spend just for the jet at my local ripoff dealer. I know it is a minimum of 25 bucks for an order but I have no problem ordering 2 cuz my bud can use it for his 450 when it comes in. Let me know ASAP guys so I can order it today if that is what I need if it comes with all the necessary hardware. Thanks, Frank

• Jason_in_KC

Posted June 19, 2002 - 09:32 PM

Frank the Kouba tool is the T-handle, it is a brass piece of tubing that fits over the existing fuel screw, press fits on. The t-handle is long enough so you can stop the bike, reach down and make fuel screw adjustments. I think it is a great product, granted mine vibrated out, but the months that it was in there I loved having it. Should be getting another soon. Make sure you superglue or use some type of bonding material at install. Great product, go for it.

• FASTFRANK

Posted June 19, 2002 - 09:35 PM

I know what the T-handle is, I am wondering if you can order the fuel screw with the t-handle as a kit. That's what I read in some post's from May of this year. Something like $20 bucks for screw and t-handle together. Oring, spring?? not sure whether they come with it or not?? anyone else??

• yzrider02

Posted June 19, 2002 - 10:22 AM

FF:

If you can't get the Kouba T handle and screw as one unit, make the handle on motoman 393 site and buy the stock screw. It cost me a dollar something for some brake line and I have enough left to make 3 more handles. Its been on my bike for 4 months and works great!

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 19, 2002 - 04:19 PM

Call Kouba. They sell the whole screw assembly plus the T handle.

Good luck,
mwc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FASTFRANK

Posted June 20, 2002 - 03:50 AM

Thanks guys,
Norman left me a message yesterday evening and he does have the whole screw assembly with the t-handle. I will order one from him today. (probably two if it has to be a $25 minimum order) Anyway thought I was gonna be able to ride this weekend but gotta work. So I will let you know how it turns out next week. Frank

• Littlefoot

Posted June 20, 2002 - 05:20 AM

I've seen the posts about the PS falling out. On my '99 WR400, this is the older FCR, you cannot remove the PS without first removing the float bowl, it won't come out.
I was going to install a T handle type setup, but because of the float bowl I opted to make the special screwdriver off of motoman's web site.
The hole for the PS in the float bowl could be drilled out, but then the PS has the possibility of falling out.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 20, 2002 - 06:08 AM

Frank,

I have the Kouba tee handle for an existing screw and was a little disappointed. If you have to get two to meet the $25 minimum (I did and gave a buddy the other t handle), I'll buy the other full screw from you. If interested, PM me.

Thanks,
mwc

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 22, 2002 - 05:02 PM

someone please post a url to where i can see this product? it sounds cool, thanks alot.

• Fryboy

Posted June 22, 2002 - 06:04 PM

Here ya go Vanilla

http://www.koubalink.com/

• freestyle111

Posted June 22, 2002 - 09:39 PM

if you would like to buy a inst-turn pm me ad ill give you mailing address Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.