Subdevelopment south of Berthoud

9 replies to this topic
  • 4:20six

Posted June 19, 2002 - 09:04 PM

Went to VDR the other ay, and noticed they are building a neighborhood About ten feet away to the south. I wonder whats gonna happen when houses go up and chodes from California, Texas and every other part of the country start to move in. THERE GONNA CLOSE BERTOUD, thats what's gonna happen!!! I am hoping that this will not happen, but I do not see that track staying open when there are houses twenty yards away. This sh!t makes me so fu@king mad I could....get on my 426 and ride the piss out of it while I still can!!

• freestyler727

Posted June 19, 2002 - 04:57 PM

hey dude i ride their too. ill check that out this weekend.

• Thumpy79

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:22 PM

Dude...that would frickin' suck!! :) They build there knowing that the track is there. The other thing is that their is housing to the west as well, but that part of the track gets hardly any traffic. I got an idea, how about we all go buy a house there :D

• mikeolichney

Posted June 22, 2002 - 12:52 PM

We are screwed. I talked to a track worker today. 68 homes going in. He gives Berthoud MX 2 years at most.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 22, 2002 - 03:25 PM

Get some good lawyers asap! Believe me, when money is flying around (realestate being sold to developers) the politicians are more than happy to side with the paying party. If you want to see real overdevelopment move to South Florida! You've got an uphill fight, good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MAD_POTTER

Posted June 23, 2002 - 06:18 PM

I went to Berthoud today. Saw the area where the houses are going in. Most of it is on the west end of Berthoud so hopefully we will at least have the main track for a couple more years. The entrance to this new construction is on the west side, the name of it is "Serenity Ridge". With a name like that I don't think they can coexist with a motocross track. Maybe they should rename it "Insanity Ridge". :D
No developer with any sense would build houses next to a track if they didn't believe they could get it closed. Enjoy Berthoud while you can, the clock is ticking :)
KC

• Merfman

Posted June 24, 2002 - 03:30 AM

Originally posted by MAD POTTER:
the name of it is "Serenity Ridge". With a name like that I don't think they can coexist with a motocross track. Maybe they should rename it "Insanity Ridge". :)

KC

That will make about as much sense as the guy in Palmer Lake complaining about the MX track noise. I've seen a max of 5 people at a time there. The kicker is that he's closer to the RR tracks than the MX track.

Serenity Ridge... 300 yards from I25. Yea, real serene.

Merf

• EZGZ

Posted June 24, 2002 - 03:38 AM

Looks like I got out in the nick of time! What is going on over there near Erie? That guy is just getting started. Berthoud has been there ever since I can remember and like you say its right next to the interstate...

• Thumpy79

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:07 AM

What is going on over there near Erie?

Erie would be a way better track if it was groomed. The only time that it gets any work done on it seems to be race day (Weekend) and the track is real tight. Berthoud is the best track in the area by far, it would really suck to see it get closed :) :D

• 4:20six

Posted June 24, 2002 - 11:59 AM

DEVELOPERS VS. DIRTBIKERS: I wonder who will win?

When the new residents start complaining about the noise from the track and it shuts down, I'm taking the silencer off my bike and ripping up and down every street in trhat neighborhood at 3:00 in the morning, then again at 4:20, once a month, until I get arrested.

"If you hate the smell of cow sh!t, don't move in next to a dairy farm"

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.