Front brake caliper bracket.

4 replies to this topic
  • mgood

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:01 AM

Hey guys my brother happened to break the bracket that holds the front brake caliper into place the other day. It's the piece thats on the inside of the caliper and one pin is attached to it and another from the caliper slides into it. Yamaha actually says it is part of the caliper so they want him to order the entire assembly. It's over $200 so I was wondering if anyone knew of a better way than ordering the entire unit. Know of anyone that would sell just the bracket or aftermarket?

• Fastest1

Posted June 19, 2002 - 04:55 AM

I have one that I just took off of my bike. A 2000 426. I would take 30.00 plus shipping if that sounds fair. I just installed an oversize rotor that came with a different one. Pm me at Jmundy1234@aol.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skoobeesnak

Posted June 21, 2002 - 09:33 PM

Crap, I wished I would have tried writing to TT. I busted mine on a log last fall and ended up eating the $200 from my friendly local yamaha dealer. Oh well, live and learn....

• MOmilkman

Posted June 21, 2002 - 09:39 PM

At first I thought having an internet service was going to cost me, ($20 month) but actually it saves me tons of cash with the help of friends at T-Talk! :)

• DPW

Posted June 21, 2002 - 01:54 PM

mgood,

I don't know what year YZF you have, but try HERE

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.