Big smile on my face right now.....

5 replies to this topic
  • YZThumpa

Posted June 05, 2004 - 02:59 PM

After starting out in MX at age 34 about 4 years ago on an '00 YZ426, then moving to an '03 YZ450, I thought I was done for good last year. Last September I broke my hand on a practice lap on race day, and since I am a dentist it put me out of work for a month. I sold the bike and figured that was the end for me. After 9 months away, I couldn't resist the urge any longer and yesterday I picked up my brand new '04 YZ450 (at the remarkable price of $5,000). Just got back from my first ride (at the same track where I broke my hand). Man, I can't describe how good it feels to be riding again. The bike is awesome, just as the other two were. :thumbsup:

• YZFan

Posted June 05, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I know how you feel I am a Mechanic and I have broken my right arm, my right hand (at different times) Fractured my T11 in my back and broke my tail bone. When I get hurt Im out for a long time due to my line of work. But I cant give it up. I to got a late start in riding I am also a big guy 265lbs so when I crash its hard. Thank God for Aflac!!! I have no words of advice just to let you know your not alone. Good luck

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 05, 2004 - 05:38 PM

Congrats on your return!

Btw, where did you find an 04 YZ for $5000?

I've got an awesome deal lined up from rockriverpowersports, so I'm just curious...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZThumpa

Posted June 05, 2004 - 06:24 PM

I got it from Bardwell Yamaha in Brookhaven, Mississippi. They always have the best deals in the La./Ms. area. I also got my Tech 8's there for $241!

• falshh

Posted June 06, 2004 - 03:42 PM

I also have a job where I would be screwed if I got hurt at all so I bought a disability policy, you can find them everywhere, they will pay if I get hurt and cant do my job, it costs me $40 a month but its peace of mind.!!!

• Baycrosser

Posted June 06, 2004 - 07:03 PM

Man you Guys got real nice Prices over there.
I paid 6200 Euros wich are about 7440$ 3 weeks ago for my YZ450F :thumbsup: :awww:
But it`s worth it :lol:
Greez from Germany
Baycrosser

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.