Wow! JD Jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • YamaGeek

Posted June 05, 2004 - 11:29 AM

Seen a lot of posts on the subject. Some with problems, most say it rips. My bike recently started feeling sluggish off idle, bogging with quick twists and missing sometimes on the top. Ordered the JD kit and a Zip Ty Air fuel to play with the tuning. Installed just as recommended for WR at 0 to 4000 foot. After adjusting the air fuel a bit,testing with quick throttle twists, I climbed on and did a quick test run up the field.
The damn thing about jumped out from under me! Pulls like it never has throughout the entire range and throttle is much more crisp. Still won't handlle a full throttle twist from the bottom without a bog but much better. I'll look at the BK mod if I can't fine tune it out with my new air screw. I HIGHLY recommend this jet kit!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eagle426

Posted June 05, 2004 - 05:36 PM

YamaGeek, what jets and needle did you use? What clip position as well! Thanks!

• YamaGeek

Posted June 06, 2004 - 02:46 AM

Eagle426, Stock MJ from 168 to 170. Stock needle to JD's Blue marked needle with clip in third slot from top.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.