I really did it this time

10 replies to this topic
  • rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 03:28 PM

I was loading up my bike the other day in my truck and I had the first tie down on . Then I thought it was leaning far enough over to set there while I got around to the other side . I heard one of my buddies yell over to tell me to check out the track and watch a guy on 400EX jumping a huge double . I turned around and the bike came down into the side of the box Smashing the Left side radiator . Anybody have a radiator for an 01 YZ426 Left side Please let me know. :D :D :D :D :)

• SD900

Posted June 19, 2002 - 06:11 AM

rvanliere, a friend of mine here in Sioux Falls parted out a 2000 a while back, I'll call him tonight and see if he has a left side yet or if it got sold.

• yzboy

Posted June 19, 2002 - 06:23 AM

How bad is the radiator smashed? There's a place in SLC,UT that can fix any smashed radiator for $35.00 to $45.00 dollars. They could have it done and shipped within 3 days. I know its less money to have fixed then to by a new one. Let me know and i could get a number for ya. :) :D

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 19, 2002 - 07:04 AM

I had my bike (CR500)hanging off a tie down on the ground next to the truck because I was too tired to throw it up on the stand, and the wind blew it over toward the truck and bent a brand new radiator just like that. I feel for ya buddy, Id give that place in Ut. a try. Radiators are expensive has heck man.

• yzboy

Posted June 19, 2002 - 07:22 AM

Hay man the number to call is 1-(801)280-8040. the name is MYLERS. They can fix it, my friend smashed his during a race and he took it to them. I thought he was crazy to think they could fix it, but they did and it was $40.00. Good luck man. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 19, 2002 - 08:06 AM

Mylers does great work....I have used them a few times....

• rvanliere

Posted June 19, 2002 - 08:18 AM

SD900 that would be very cool . Please let me know . And to everyone else a very big thank you for your consolement and information . :)

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 19, 2002 - 08:27 AM

Mylers fixed mine too and they were in pretty bad shape. $100 for both of them.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 19, 2002 - 11:28 AM

just a word to the wise, investing in some works connection radiator braces, or devol racing radiator guards is a good idea. ive dropped my bike 2 times off my truck and the rad's r just fine. they owe their lives to my WC rad braces.

• Wyatt

Posted June 19, 2002 - 11:59 AM

Another word to the wise.....Stop dropping your bike off of the truck!!!

• rvanliere

Posted June 19, 2002 - 02:58 PM

never actually fell off the truck . Just tipped over and hit the side rail . Bad part is I had a Kickstand to put down. How stupid is that . God I feel terrible . :) :D :D

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.