The Landing MX in MD???

24 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:50 PM

Anyone been to this track? Looks pretty fun, as soon as my knee heals I'd like to make the trek. Anyone interested?

Bill

• SkinSF

Posted June 18, 2002 - 04:23 PM

What Track

• Cobra314

Posted June 18, 2002 - 04:37 PM

I've got a buddy that went up and rode The Landing...he said it was freakin awesome! I hope to make it up there one day.

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: Cobra314 ]

• DR_DANGER

Posted June 18, 2002 - 05:28 PM

WHAT A SUPER TRACK TO RIDE. THERE ARE 5 DIFFERENT TRACKS IN USE AND OTHERS ARE UNDER WAY. YOU NEVER HAVE TO WAIT TO GET ON TRACK. I GO SOMETIMES GO TWICE A WEEK. O BUY THE WAY THE TRACK IS ABOUT 2 MILES FROM MY HOUSE. LUCKY,YES WE ARE. COME ON OVER ITS GREAT. ROOST ON.

• Guest_coyoteyz13_*

Posted June 18, 2002 - 06:20 PM

Great Place to ride. Been there one time. Rode so much that I could'nt move for three days.

• dhowell

Posted June 19, 2002 - 02:08 AM

I went for the first time last Thursday. The place was great! There were some guys there practicing for the Budd's Creek Nat'ls this past weekend. They make the jumps look easy as hell. My quads just started feeling better Monday. Can't wait to get back up there, I need the practice.

• DethWshBkr

Posted June 19, 2002 - 09:59 PM

I heard about it last year sometime, but thought the drive may be too much. After going up to Montrose last year though (3 hours) my dad and I may be willing to try it out!

I recall also, as of LAST year, I thought you had to be a member of the track to ride, there was no "single day" riding, only if you paid the $200 yearly membership fee. We were NOT about to do that for a place nearly 3 hours away!

It's about 2 3/4 hours from our house to get there, it looks FANTASTIC!! The advanced track looks SWEETLY HUGE!!!!

I see they offer track rentals....perhaps we TTers could colaborate, rent the tracks, and have the whole freakin place to ourselves?!!

Anyone?!

Bill, drop me a PM when you decide to hit it up, we may be interested in going. My dad and I want to hit Montrose again soon too!

[ June 19, 2002: Message edited by: DethWshBkr ]

• Bill

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:22 PM

According to their site. There is a non-member, day pass available for $40 or $30 for AMA members.

Bill

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:45 PM

Bill,

I'm a member there, and the tracks are a lot of fun. $40 for the day if you aren't a member. Let me know, I'll meet you there on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday sometime..

John

• Guest_coyoteyz13_*

Posted June 20, 2002 - 07:07 AM

I would definitly be interested in renting the place out. I have some buddy's who would also be intersted.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DethWshBkr

Posted June 20, 2002 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, it would be $30 for us since we're AMA.

The pricing is a bit steep!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why riding facilities charge so much to ride out here!!!!!!!!!!

My uncles and cousins complained about the fee's for them to ride at Comp Park, Elsinore, Glen Helen, Starwest, all of them!

It's $15 per bike, some are $20 a bike, (you pay by the bike, not by the rider), with no membership fees. FOR ALL DAY, from open to close!
WHY is it $40, $35, or $25 before 5pm, $15 after 5pm, plus possible memberships around here ?!!!???!!

• Bill

Posted June 20, 2002 - 03:09 PM

C'mon Chris, five bucks more than RC????....Expensive. It looks like a much nicer facility and they might know how to use a water truck :) I know what you mean compared to California but, can't afford to live there. I know, been there and done that.

Knee is getting better everyday. May try a do a little riding this weekend.

Bill

• DethWshBkr

Posted June 20, 2002 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I know Bill, it's only $5, but we go when it is $15. Just saying, why is it so steep?
Obviously I'm willing to pay it, or, um, well, I wouldn't be riding, but nevertheless, that doens't mean I shouldn't want it cheaper!
:)

Does look nice though!

My dad and uncle are planning to go to MX573 on July 4th..... :D

• Rather-B-Riding

Posted June 20, 2002 - 05:29 PM

The Landing MX park is worth the money. I spent $25 at another track (closer to my house even) to ride all day and will never go back. I've been to The Landing 10-12 times and every time the tracks are well groomed and watered. During the day if a track gets real rutted they will get the dozer out and fix it up. Obviously they water the track as needed during the day as well. The owner (forgot his name) is super nice as are all of the people working there. They plan on having sanctioned races there next year. If you go and are kind of in between intermediate and expert, try the ATV track, some of the jumps are a bit bigger than the jumps on the intermediate track. The expert track is... well an expert track, a true expert track. The pictures on the web site dont do it justice. Look for me there. 2001 250F with American flags on the number plates. YOT graphics.

• DethWshBkr

Posted June 21, 2002 - 09:48 PM

RatherB, where did you buy the american flag graphics for you plates, and how much??
I have an idea for a set of plates and the decals.....

• SkinSF

Posted June 22, 2002 - 05:38 AM

Guys
I am in the military and have been sent to work in DC. I am looking for local MX tracks around DC to ride my 426. Please post the web sit for the landing and any other good MX tracks in the area. Do you guys do an over 40 class on the east cost?

• Bill

Posted June 22, 2002 - 12:38 PM

In Pa (dist #7) they have a 40+ class (Senior). At my track, they only have Senior A or B, so I'll run with the kids in the Vet C class.

Bill

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted June 22, 2002 - 05:26 PM

http://www.thelandingmx.com/index.htm

Let me know if you guys are heading down sometime, I'll meet you there.

John

• Rather-B-Riding

Posted June 23, 2002 - 12:15 PM

DethWshBkr.....I got them from DECAL WORKS.

SkinSF...Good luck on finding a place to just ride at. I've lived here my whole life (32 years) and have very few places to go. There are places to go and ride but you take the chance on getting a ticket or worse criminal trespassing charges. Although I have never had either of the two scenarios happen to me, there are friends of mine that have had both. There are some real nice tracks around that are privately owned that I've been to a few times but its always with someone that knew someone...One of them Tim Ferry practices on when he's in town for the Budds Creek Pro National. I've never seen him there but I did see Kevin Crine (National # 47)there last time I was there.

• TORCH

Posted June 25, 2002 - 11:37 AM

RATHER B RIDING
WHERE DO YOU RIDE ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.