More Eco Terrorism

27 replies to this topic
  • moto_madman

Posted June 18, 2002 - 11:31 AM

Today i did some mountain biking with a few riding buddies. We were heading down a fire road and we saw a white truck parked facing away from us. The water department trucks are orange so we figured it was an undercover patrol. We turned around and headed down a tight trail. At the bottom there is two large cement blocks that have been there for years. There is a small berm around them that everyone goes through. I was in the lead going about 8-10 mph. I entered the berm and got about half way through then WHAM. Something hooked up on the back of the bike. I got thrown into the bars and then the bike started to pivot into the blocks. I rolled myself over the bars and hit the ground. I got up to take a look at what i snagged. I was shocked, it was a piece of barb wire anchored to the ground in front of the blocks. The last barb hooked the corner of my pedal destroying it. The wire was looped through the berm. It was definately there to snag a peg or some other part. If i ever find out who did that they will pay. :) :D :D Im going back tonight to see if there is anythhing else on the trails so someone dosent get there neck broken.

• FLEXANDROOST

Posted June 18, 2002 - 11:59 AM

That blows brother! I'm a MTB'er too and so far I haven't had that displeasure yet. Glad your not seriously messed up. If it were me going back I would set up a hunting camera to go off from a distance to see if you can get a picture of the bastard then hunt him down. put one near the point of interest then accross on the trail. You must hide it good though or they will take your gear. good hunting.

• thumper4life

Posted June 18, 2002 - 12:06 PM

you find them....and you hurt them

• moto_madman

Posted June 18, 2002 - 12:27 PM

i will be doing what both of you said.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 18, 2002 - 12:32 PM

Motoman, take a gun.

• fastkevin

Posted June 18, 2002 - 01:45 PM

You might want to consider telling the cops/ranger(s)

• moto_madman

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:08 PM

i went up there again and found 2 more on the same trail. They were anchored at the edge of the trail and laid accross it.

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:17 PM

if u find it, send it to middle east... then when he gets back, tell the fbi that he's related to osama... :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:23 PM

Motoman, take a camera with you and snap some shots. And call the freakin FBI. That is terrorism plain and simple. Beyond that, its lying in wait, which is a felony.

Unless of course if you cant hang around one night and hang the suma bich with his own barbed wire, then you call the FBI. Remember critically injured people generally dont remember what happened.

• DRZcliffS

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:42 PM

Damn, moto madman. I was reading your post thinking, "what kind of bastard puts out wire like that" and then I noticed you’re from Connecticut, as am I. This will definitely make me more aware, thanx for the warning. I hope they "ACCIDENTLY" :) get snagged in their own trap, and suffer for days on end, while the mosquitoes attack them unmercifully.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wolfmangk

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:48 PM

Originally posted by thumper4life:
you find them....and you hurt them

Sounds like some punks need a serious beat down!

• moto_madman

Posted June 18, 2002 - 03:19 PM

Me and all of the people i ride with are trying to figure out who the hell did this. Teenage punks was the first guess but who ever put it there had an idea of what they were doing. We went through a lot of people and then settled on Eco-Nazis or the water department. A white pick-up has been sighted up there a lot lately. Or it could be the bastards at the water department. They recently started blocking everything off and chasing people on quads. All the trails are No Tresspassing but they never had a problem with us before. Now they are getting pissed off and the DEP flies over every day.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 19, 2002 - 02:35 PM

Motoman, Im tellin ya, bring a gun. A 10mm glock is a nice choice. Doesnt weigh a lot. Its really really accurate, and hiding behind the car is useless. And with 1 in the chamber and 13 in the clip, its an all day sucker baby! Ever seen the hole a 10mm will make in a 1/4" thick piece of steel? At 40 feet, its about 5/8". Heck you could line up several of them ECO-Nazi's and wackem all with one shot. Sooner or later its going to come to this. Mark my words.

• bbeakley

Posted June 21, 2002 - 10:07 AM

I have an idea...why don't you try riding in an approved area where MTbiking is approved and help preserve riding areas for everyone?? People that break the few rules out there are responsible for more rules/restrictions being put in place. I deplore the fact that someone would try to hurt people who use the trails (that's just wrong), but frankly if there is posted no trespassing signage, you should be prosecuted.

Do us all a favor, restrict your riding to approved areas.

• new_mulisha

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:16 PM

THAT REALLY SUCKS SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEND TO ME I WAS RIDDING ON THIS TRAIL THAT I HAVE BEEN DOWN 1000'S OF TIMES AND I WENT AROWNS A BLIND CORNNER AT ABOUT 4TH MID THROTTLE (SO I WASNT GOING SLOW) AND I HIT THIS DICH AND FLEW OVER THE BARS GIVING ME THIS PERMINENT SCAR ON MY BACK AND NECK. THAT DITCH WAS PUT THERE INTENTENALLY BY SOME OLD HILLBILLY THAT DINT WANT US UP THERE. I WAS SOOO MAD. MY FRIEND WAS THINKING ABOUT BURRNING THE FIELD BECAUSE HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME AND HE WRECKED TOO
BUT WITH TIME WE DECIDED NOT TO
THE DUKE OF EARL

• newto2wheels

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:24 PM

I understand being angry with whoever put the traps out. I have a problem with bringing a gun to the situation. It's alot harder to pull the trigger with a human being in the sights than you think. Just think about what you are about to do, you are going to end someones life, they will no longer exist on this planet. I've been to combat in the Army and done my share of killing and after it was all over with, you will think back about what you did. Now, the camera idea is a good solution.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:40 PM

It sounds to me like stuff right out of the Earth First Death Manual. What the heck it that? Click HERE to see for yourself. These people are truly sick.

• LopeMX

Posted June 21, 2002 - 02:30 PM

I agree with NEWTO2WHEELS, Let the LAW handle this one!

• yznvegas

Posted June 21, 2002 - 03:55 PM

Man, that earth death manual is SCARY. I would like to cathc one of those idiots stringing up piano wire one day. I'd strangle them with it.

• oldasdirt

Posted June 21, 2002 - 05:52 PM

This is the exact same kind of bobby traps that the VC used in Nam but pungi sticks and mines instead of picture tubes.Sick don't even come close.oldasdirt
Ron thanks for seeing to it we grunts still got our dirtbike back then. I just know you had to have did it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.