TTR 90 AFTERMARKET GRAPHICS - PLASTIC ?

11 replies to this topic
  • dp400

Posted June 18, 2002 - 11:01 AM

Anyone know were I can buy aftermarket graphics and plastic? Yamaha wants $160 for tank and shroud graphic. :) Dan

• BAL

Posted June 18, 2002 - 12:00 PM

My son has a 02 TTR90 and I just went through replacing the graphics and plastic. For plastics you are forced to buy from your yamaha dealer, no after market company makes it. For graphics/seat cover there is N-Style, you are forced to buy both, or Fast50s. Front/rear plastics ran me $78.00 OTD and the N-Style grphic kit cost $118.00 OTD. BTW the backgounds for the plastics are not included and run close to the same price as the plastics.

For performance parts check out http://www.precision...YamTTRProd.html

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 01:32 PM

I just purchased the N-Style Graphics for my Sons 2001 TTR90 , They are very nice . The Tank Graphics are very durable . 10 times the durability of the stock graphics . I also like the gripper seat cover that comes with it . Very easy to install if you have a staple gun .I also added a FMF powercore pipe/silencer to it. It really sounds like a thumper now . a big difference in the flow of exhaust also . ( bigger outlet ) . I will post a picture if you want to see what they look like in real life . :)

• dp400

Posted June 18, 2002 - 01:56 PM

rvanliere, I would love to see what the graphics look like! I just bought a very used 2000 ttr90. It came with the FMF pipe which is very nice. The plastic is whipped out and there are no more graphics on the bike. I need to buy some new parts to freshin the bike up for the first ride - any suggestions on where to buy parts for a good price? Thanks Dan

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:07 PM

I will get it cleaned up and take a snap of it for Ya . I dont know on the plastics though ( I'm guessing the dealer . It took a long time to come out with graphics for this bike . My kid ran through the biggest mud hole at the track on Sunday so I will get it cleaned and post the pic. Back in about 15 minutes

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 02:48 PM

<C:\My Documents\TTR90.gif>
http://photos.yahoo.....src=ph&.view=t
[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: rvanliere ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 03:15 PM

http://photos.yahoo.....src=ph&.view=t :) :D :D :D :D :D

• dp400

Posted June 18, 2002 - 03:42 PM

rvanliere, YOU ARE THE BOMB!! :) I just sat down with my two kids and showed them the picture that you sent us from accross the contry! TOO COOL ! BTW the bike looks great! :D Its hard to believe our bike can look that good - the kid that we bought it from must have dragged his bike everywhere - the plastic is trashed, sides,tops and bottoms. Anything I should know about these 90s? Valve adj. or anything else? Thanks Dan

• yznvegas

Posted June 18, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Rvanlier, that is one TRICK lookin' ttr. RAD!!!!!!!! :)

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 08:01 PM

Hey I'm glad Ya enjoyed the picture . the only thing I can think of is change the oil , clean and oil the filter and enjoy the heck out of it . These bikes are bulletproof . I doubt you would have to ever do anyting to the bike while your kids are young enough to ride it . I have never had to kick it over 2 times since I bought it. Its the best investment I have ever made . Something I can do with My son ( Just us two ) . I have a daughter that might try to ride it sometime soon . Also have a son that is 1 1/2 and will grow into it . I doubt I will ever have any repairs to do other than flat tires .This bike was stolen from my garage last fall . I was about to go insane . Turned out being a runaway 15 year old who took it . I called the cops , they knew who took it becouse he was seen riding it but got away. I went down to the local hangout for teens and asked the right questions . Finally I found out who was helping the kid hide out and threatened him with the cops and ended up getting a phone call from the kid who took it . After verifying that the bike was where he hid it . I called the cops with the caller ID number on my phone and he was arrested within 10 minutes . I came to find out that the kid had weapons and drugs on him . Hope he gets some help . Anyways what I was leading up to is , the kid had ran this bike threw cornfields and down railroad tracks and deep weeds . the sprockets and chain was wrapped up with weeds and cornstocks . I couldnt even push the bike . I was mortified . spent about two hours cleaning it up and went to start it ( boom ) first kick . Runs perfect to this day . I am so lucky I didnt wait for the cops to investigate , ( I would still be looking for it ) . I have a feeling the plastic isnt that expensive . The rear fender and side number plates are one whole piece and the front fender isnt that big . Good luck with everything and my advise is get a fmf pipe . Its sounds soooo cool . Really dresses things up too !! :) :D

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 08:17 PM

Here is the prices for your plastics .

Front Fender http://www.powerspor...=110937&ID=4992

Sidecovers : http://www.powerspor...=110938&ID=4992

or everything else for your bike ( you can look up the parts and numbers that the dealer has at
www.partsfish.com

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:50 AM

Originally posted by dp400:
Anyone know were I can buy aftermarket graphics and plastic? Yamaha wants $160 for tank and shroud graphic. :) Dan

I'm assuming that you guys may not know that TT now has a TTR forum? We do! It was added about a week ago. Cheers!

Bryan

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.