Turning the WR450F Dual Sport

3 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted June 04, 2004 - 03:57 PM

I was thinking of making my bike a dual sport but It dosn't have a key and I really don't want to leave a bike in some paking lot for some puke to steal. :awww: :thumbsup:

• luke_n

Posted June 04, 2004 - 06:34 PM

Over here in osstraylya we buy em fully regoed with lights and all the road gear inc a key switch. Almost everyone swaps theres over to the american style pushbutton (comes in spares kit) so there should be a few floating around. I would imagine that your dealer (bike dealer that is) could probly chase one up for you. If not a heap of em should be getting around ebay etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted June 04, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Funny thing is that the stock key switches I have seen have only two wires which, when cut and shorted together start the bike real fast. With that in mind, just get a big ugly key switch and just mount it, but don't wire it. The "pukes" usually aren't too bright.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted June 04, 2004 - 07:00 PM

could also just use a disc brake lock, just remember it is there when you take off :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.