Has anyone taken a YZ 450 Trany apart

3 replies to this topic
  • yzf450jack

Posted June 04, 2004 - 01:23 PM

Has anyone had a yz450 trany apart I need to know if there is an extra hole in the case for the 3rd fork shaft the 4 speed only has two shaft's But 5 speed use's 3 shafts I want to change my 4 speeder into a 5 speed i don't want to take it apart just to look inside to see if there's an extra hole :thumbsup:

• Rider_727

Posted June 06, 2004 - 03:21 PM

I tore a 450 down a while back but for some reason i recall there being two extra holes for the third shift fork. Iam not for sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 07, 2004 - 04:04 PM

the WR450f 5 speed tranny and shift forks/drum will swap right out into the yz450f case.

• yzf450jack

Posted June 10, 2004 - 02:11 PM

Thats what i want to do WR 450 trany it! :awww: 472 kit going in there too since its apart :thumbsup: Im going to sell the hole 4 sd gear box still shifts like new just the 4 sd sucks in the woods :lol:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.