anyone wraped their head pipe in exhaust wrap

3 replies to this topic
  • the426master

Posted June 04, 2004 - 06:13 AM

I'm considering wraping my head pipe in exhaust wrap to lower the temp down there, and I think it will keep my gas from getting hot :thumbsup:has anyone done this :thumbsup:

• holeshot426

Posted June 04, 2004 - 08:30 AM

I have heard a few things here and there, but the main thing I heard of was the header wrap traps moisture in and next to your head pipe which can lead to corrosion/rusting problems. Probably not a problem if you have SS or Ti pipe though...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SuperRat

Posted June 04, 2004 - 08:40 AM

I've done it for years on my 1998 YZ400F with no problems. I did it to try and drop the coolant temp on tight single-track. I have a Ti Powerbomb and its discolored (with the wrap removed) but I figured that I could replace the header after a few years if it damages it, but so far no issues.

• sabin

Posted June 04, 2004 - 09:55 AM

It helps a lot. My engine temp drop down 7-8C deg. No problem with SS header (2002 wr426)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.