Broke my e-series

7 replies to this topic
  • JT1

Posted June 17, 2002 - 07:50 PM

I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I think it was from casing a double. The 2" pipe that is welded to the larger 5" canister broke in a complete circle. The clamp that is towards the engine may have vibrated loose making the bolt a pivot area and the impact of the jump may have caused stress on the pipe.......at least that is what i'm telling myself .

anyone experience anything like this?

Has anyone put a spark arrester on their stock pipe (promoto billit)? was it easy to do? did ya like it?

• Bambislayer

Posted June 18, 2002 - 05:22 AM

Yes the PMB endcap is great. Easy to do, looks great, cheap(compared to other options) and no loss of performance. The 4 stroke king Dubach always said that the stock pipe was the best for these bikes, until he came out with one of course. Do it, you will like it. Plus you can buy the quiet core insert to help with the some of the more sound conscious areas or you are riding in the mud, it will help keep the power from being so explosive.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 18, 2002 - 06:45 AM

By a Thunder Alley. You wont believe your on the same bike.

• rallendude

Posted June 18, 2002 - 08:58 AM

I broke my e-series on my '98 400 in the same place. It has probably been cracked for a while. The vibration and any small fall over crashed contribute. That end of the pipe was just a stamping on my bike. I took it to work and had a welder to TIG the stamping back to the socket. Any good weld shop near you should be able to do it pretty cheap. I had mine welded inside and out. It is much stronger now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CrashMW

Posted June 18, 2002 - 09:04 PM

Not Yamaha related, but i have a CCM (Rotax) supermotard, and the eSeries silencer self destructed in the same location...

• rvanliere

Posted June 18, 2002 - 01:56 PM

I have an extra Pro-meg (E-series ) with a spark arrestor laying around ( after I purchased my thunder alley pipe ) . $150 :)

• Bambislayer

Posted June 18, 2002 - 04:19 PM

do you have to rejet with the e series? if not, let me know.

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 18, 2002 - 05:10 PM

WB says you do not need to rejet with the silencer.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.