Any one know if??????

4 replies to this topic
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted June 04, 2004 - 04:59 AM

A rear wheel from a 94 yz250 will mount up to my 99WR400. I'm looking for a spare complete rear wheel. I know it's a 19" wheel, but would the rotor, sprocket, etc. line up right. What would I need to make it fit?

Any help appreciated.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted June 04, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Awe, someone must have an opinion on this....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EastCoastWheels

Posted June 04, 2004 - 03:07 PM

I don't believe it will... the 98 WR was the last year the 94 YZ would fit.

• Butta

Posted June 05, 2004 - 01:55 AM

I would have to see this to believe it. I have a hard time believing that the swingarm has changed that much from 98 to 99 and up. I know the sprockets are different, but that's because the hub they use on the 98 is not the same as on the 99. BUT, if you are replacing ALL of that, then the only things that should matter is the axle diameter and span of swingarm for the axle (using the correct spacers). Anyone have any other ideas??

• jchantzWR400F

Posted June 07, 2004 - 04:20 AM

That's kind of what I was thinking. (axle diameter and spacers). Also didn't think that the swingarm had changed that much. Again, I'm looking to mix and match parts. I would use a complete wheel from an older yz. Thought someone might have been down this road before.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.