Clarke tank hardware question

5 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 23, 2002 - 09:54 PM

I just ordered the Clarke stock tank, I hope it gets here before next weekend. :) I do have a question; I assume it comes without the petcock, did you guys have to buy any new gasgets or o-rings when you moved the petcock to the new tank, or could you reuse the old ones? Also do you have to move the metal brackets under the tank from the stock tank to the new tank?

• b-bike

Posted June 23, 2002 - 11:02 AM

Sirthump:

I have the 3.3 Clarke tank on my bike. The tank came with a new gasket for the extra petcock on the kickstarter side (petcock not included). However, it didn't come with any o-rings for the stock petcock. You should be able to use the stocker. As far as the hardwear under the tank, you will have to use what is on yours.

Now.... lets talk about how the tank will fit your blue beast. I hope that your mounting nuts for the "tank mount" brackets are located in the "STOCK" location. When I tried to attach the mounts, the holes didn't line up with the nuts (aprox 1/4" misalignement). You will also need to raise the back of the tank so it will not rub against the top of the rear shock reservoir. I used an extra piece of rubber from a tube I had to get the gap needed to make the clearance.

Not wanting to put up with all this extra work to install my tank I contacted Clarke with all these short commings. There reply... "We know about all that. Put up with it or buy a different tank". CLICK. They hung up on me.

Sirthump... lots of luck with your tank. Let me know if I can help ya out any futher. :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:47 AM

I got the clarke replacement tank, and it was identical to the factory piece. 3 minute swap. It came with a gasket for the petcock instead of the o ring set up the stock one uses, but that was the only difference.

Im happy with mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:52 AM

Same here. Thumbs up all the way on the fit and finish.
I guess some of us get lucky and some of us dont.

I had real (and I mean BIG) problems with getting the IMS tank on mine.

Im glad I didnt have problems with the Clarke tank because I have heard that their CS is horrid. But I am very happy with mine.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 24, 2002 - 10:34 AM

I had no problems with my Clarke tank or with a friend's who had to get one when he saw mine. It fit just like the stock tank.

You shouldn't have to buy anything extra. I used the gasket that came with the tank to mount the petcock. (Unless you want to install a second petcock on the right side of the tank, but I don't think it's necessary.)

• BK14MX

Posted June 27, 2002 - 02:52 AM

Hey Rich, do you get over to Bithlo(Orange County Raceway) much?? I'm over in Melbourne and know a few people over that way that ride too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.