WR Pipe on a YZ

4 replies to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 04, 2004 - 01:33 AM

I need to know if anybody has ever tried to put a WR pipe on a 04 YZ450F? If so, what year WR pipe and how did it fit? Or is something else I can put on it to make it sound like a stock WR? I know this sounds stupid, but I need to know. I have a 2000 WR400 pipe available to me. Thanks.

• Hamish

Posted June 04, 2004 - 02:29 AM

pipes changed for 03/04 models. Doesnt mean you cant make it fit, but it wont just bolt up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squad56

Posted June 04, 2004 - 08:04 PM

why is it that you want your yz to sound like a wr?

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 07, 2004 - 01:37 AM

My neighbors are complaining about the noise. I am just going to use the WR pipe when I am riding on my property. My neighbors agreed they would buy me a quieter pipe so I figured I will go and buy a FMF Factory 4 exaust with the money they are going to give me for the quiet exaust and just use the WR exaust for riding on my land.

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 07, 2004 - 03:45 AM

I just got through putting my '04 stock WR exhaust on my friends '99 WR400 so I know it will fit the earlier years. I also have put a stock '03 YZ exhaust on my '04 WR. Given all of this I would expect that the older WR exhaust would fit. You will need to put a shorter bolt in where the exhaust bolts on by the seat. If your planning on running the stock baffle the bike will run very poorly with it and will most likely require leaner jetting. I run the GYT insert on my 426 dual sport and it is a much better compromise between noise and performance (<96db). I hear the PMB insert is good as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.