where do you get a Helmet cam

61 replies to this topic
  • MrBlahh

Posted June 09, 2004 - 11:30 AM

this is not totalty true. im getting the 480 ver becuase my cam records and imports in 720lines.

What camera are you using? Standard minidv format is 480 lines..

as for editing, you guys should try adobe premier. it has a seep learing curve, but once you learn it, it is by far the best i have see or used.

VERY steep, I have it, but for my use, ulead movie studio is perfect for clips, and ulead dvd factory 3 is perfect for dvd's.

now, seeing as all of you guys have helmet cams why is no one posting any short or long vids??

I posted the link to mine, nothing fancy though, I use mine for dvd's, not really for the web clips

• simon@vic

Posted June 09, 2004 - 12:14 PM

I posted the link to mine, nothing fancy though, I use mine for dvd's, not really for the web clips

nice. just saw them. as for "web clips" have you ever thought of using an onlder {4.xx} ver of divx?? ??. the older ver. dosnt have any adware or extra junk. and it compresses just as much if not a bit more the ver 5.xx.

you can download divx 4.xx from www.oldversion.com
or from here........right click and "save target as"

OLDER divx

:thumbsup: :awww:

• Frostbite

Posted June 10, 2004 - 03:08 AM

The ski is from PC racing. Moto Ski They sell mounting kits for quite a few bikes.

• Frostbite

Posted June 10, 2004 - 03:13 AM

Here's a short clip shot in January. sno bike
It's on imagestation and 13 meg and you have to download it. Now you also have to sign up with them to see stuff, but it's free so....

• Squidward

Posted June 10, 2004 - 04:38 AM

now, seeing as all of you guys have helmet cams why is no one posting any short or long vids??

41meg, 10 minutes long
www.dirtcams.com/video/tuesday,%20soundtracked.wmv
:thumbsup:

didn't have a microphone hooked up, this was using a 400 line square camera. I need to get better at compressing things :awww:, same camera captured www.dirtcams.com/video/large.wmv (less compression)

• MrBlahh

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:02 AM

this is not totalty true. im getting the 480 ver becuase my cam records and imports in 720lines.

PS on this, normal tv's only display 480 lines, that's why mini DV cameras record in 480 line rez, only the high def tv, i720 format and above displays higher than 480 lines of resolution

• Squidward

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:08 AM

PS on this, normal tv's only display 480 lines, that's why mini DV cameras record in 480 line rez, only the high def tv, i720 format and above displays higher than 480 lines of resolution

You guys sure you're on the right page? May be confusing yourselves, one talking vertical resolution while the other is on the horizontal subject.

MiniDv is 720x480 isn't it? Maybe you're both right. :thumbsup:

• MrBlahh

Posted June 10, 2004 - 08:28 AM

Yep, that's the standard

None of my tv's can display the difference between the cameras

now highdef is another story, you will most definitly see the difference

• The_Missile

Posted June 10, 2004 - 09:42 PM

I wish me was single......the things I would buy!!! :thumbsup: :awww:

• MrBlahh

Posted June 11, 2004 - 12:35 PM

If I was single I might be able to buy a new bike.

Helmet cams are a must if you've got kids that ride, I've got hours of footage, mostly me chasing the kids on thier atv and bike, helps them, they can go back and look at their mistakes, and I know these will be nice to have when the kids get older.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted June 11, 2004 - 05:36 PM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
now, seeing as all of you guys have helmet cams why is no one posting any short or long vids?? :thumbsup: :awww:

[/QUOTE]
Heres some footage I took Memorial Weekend, just the way I like to see my quads. :lol:

http://webpages.char...ollinRollin.wmv

• Squidward

Posted June 11, 2004 - 08:26 PM

Won't download..

• jwriott

Posted June 12, 2004 - 02:31 AM

I got mine yesterday and started messing around with it. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it only comes with RCA connectors. On their website, it says DV and analog connectors so there are a lot of cords.

The camera and mount are very nice. This setup offers a ton of protection for the camera so I'm sure it will be really durable. The case is pretty cheap.

My camcorder however is a pain in the a$$. It's a Canon ZR60 and I'll have to carry the remote with me which sucks. It's the only way that I can put the thing in record mode with analog in.

Anyway, once I get it set up, I'll post some video.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted June 12, 2004 - 03:42 AM

Won't download..

video is there, try downloading latest windows media drivers if you cant view it.

• Squidward

Posted June 12, 2004 - 07:04 AM

It works right now, 3 am it wasn't... :thumbsup:

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:29 PM

I picked up my helmet cam from these guys
http://www.customvideocameras.com/
He was nice to deal with, and the builder phoned me the day he was going to make it to make sure I had the order the way I wanted it. Decent customer service. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to a 2 yr old bit of video from around the Calgary AB Canada OHV area.
http://68.145.232.22...o_emb/Vid_8.htm

Here's some helmet cam stuff from my RC51.
http://68.145.232.22...a_index_100.htm

Hope those links work for you. Sorry 'bout the resolution being so crappy, but it has to get that way to do the streaming stuff.

'00 in Calgary

• jwriott

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:06 AM

Wholly crap those are pricy. Do they send vaseline with your order?

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted June 16, 2004 - 09:20 AM

Well... did you buy a TTR125 or a WR426? As with motorcycles, with video you get what you pay for. My objective was to make broadcast or DVD quality videos. It was a bit expensive, but it has yet to fail on me either. I have friends with lower priced cams and they have some success... I have better end results. That's just my $.02 if you want to do something else go for it. I don't care either way.

'00 in Calgary

• jwriott

Posted June 16, 2004 - 09:50 AM

I'm just giving you a hard time, didn't mean to get you all riled up. :thumbsup: :awww:

• MrBlahh

Posted June 16, 2004 - 11:06 AM

Well... did you buy a TTR125 or a WR426? As with motorcycles, with video you get what you pay for. My objective was to make broadcast or DVD quality videos. It was a bit expensive, but it has yet to fail on me either. I have friends with lower priced cams and they have some success... I have better end results. That's just my $.02 if you want to do something else go for it. I don't care either way.

'00 in Calgary

Thier prices are pretty bad, only 50-100 % more than the other sites, for the same camera, the pencil cam is 200 $ more than the same camera from other companies. (399 for them vs 200 (200 encludes metal sleave to protect it!))

Pretty much all of them use the same CCD's, mostly all sony, ask when you order, there really is no difference between all these places, they are just frontend stores and all get parts from the same place. In fact, I have yet to see one that doesnt use the standard sony CCD's.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.