I crashed out on Father's Day

28 replies to this topic
  • DaveJ

Posted June 27, 2002 - 07:50 AM

Scott - how are things going?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 27, 2002 - 07:59 AM

Scott I saw your post, YZF sold and I thought, say it aint so, then I looked at your list of scoots, you through motorcycles the way I went through girlfriend in the 80's! :)

• Scott_F

Posted June 27, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Dave, I put a front fender on my CRF today (highlight). I am trying to fight the boredom and resist the pain candy.

Shawn, I wish I had as many new girlfriends as new bikes, and that they were as easy to get and easy to get rid of!

• yzernie

Posted June 28, 2002 - 03:22 PM

Pain candy can sometimes be a good thing. I just wish I had an extra stash of it when I was married to my ex-wife!!!

Hope you are doing well. I talked to Mitch a couple days ago and he wants to hook up with us and some of the other old gangsters. It sounds like he is doing well and is anxious to see all of us again.

Ernie

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted June 29, 2002 - 02:06 PM

Let me know Ernie. And thanks again for storing my CRF, saving it from wildfire, washing it nice and clean, and delivering it. I know you wanted to get it out of your "blue" garage asap! :)

A guy called me on it today, but I am now hesitant to sell it until I have a line on an '03. Who knows, I may be riding in six weeks or so, and I would hate to be without a ride for a couple of months.

• DaveJ

Posted June 30, 2002 - 08:12 AM

ScottF,

There is nothing that will prolong your recovery more than empty garage.

Proceed with caution.

DaveJ

• yzernie

Posted June 30, 2002 - 03:54 PM

Scott,

That is a tough decision you'll have to make. I'm jealous....six weeks for a broken arm???? At our age, it takes me that long to recover from roost bruises!!!

I'll keep you updated on Mitch and the plans. He is very happy to be back in So Cal and being able to see some of us again.

Ernie

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: yzernie ]

• Scott_F

Posted July 01, 2002 - 10:32 AM

A little optimism (or self delusion) never hurt anybody! :) I went to the gym this morning for the first time in many months and did a little something. I plan to go regularly until I can ride again. Parts of me will be in better shape than before I got hurt, or so I tell myself...

Remind me to give you back the crutch I borrowed.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 01, 2002 - 11:08 AM

ScottF

Been reading through and just tracking the posts here, Real sorry your get off was that bad, real glad guys like ShawnMC, YZernie and others are there to help you out.

Thats what this community is all about, it goes beyond advise and funney pun's and pokes, its guys like that who are the real TT.

Anyway I can speak from experiance, working out gettig back into shape will help termendously, just follow the advice of your PT Phys Therapist or find a good Sports minded. Sorry ya gave up on riding I did the same 10 + years back after my 1st back surgury. I waited awhile until that butterfly feeling came back telling me its time to get back on the saddle.

Take your time get healthy, all will be good

And my Hats off to the SoCal Bro's who are helping you out :)
Ego

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.