Best Price on Scotts Steering Stabilizer

7 replies to this topic
  • BRP27

Posted June 03, 2004 - 10:03 AM

www.Scottsperformance.com has the stabilizer bolt on kit for $429 for a 2003 XR650R. Is that the best price I can expect?

• jlpskydive

Posted June 03, 2004 - 10:11 AM

I found it for 400.00 at brpit.com but, I have no idea how reliable the company is though. I think i'm just going to eat the 30 bucks and get mine from Scotts they have a great reputation.

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted June 03, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Have you all looked at the GPR V2???

Nice unit.
I have the Scott's on my XR... and the GPR on my CRF. I like the GPR better. Plus it rises the bars 5/8" and is not a chin lacerator if you crash. :thumbsup:

• Kritter

Posted June 03, 2004 - 11:15 AM

I found it for 400.00 at brpit.com but, I have no idea how reliable the company is though. I think i'm just going to eat the 30 bucks and get mine from Scotts they have a great reputation.

BRP is awesome...they do all the machine work for Scotts, hence everything looks the same. They also sponsor a lot of desert racers....Destry Abbott being one of them.

this site is cheap... http://www.steerings...otts/index.html

Scotts doesnt leave much room for mark up for the stores. BRP can sell it for $400 becaue they will make it back on the triple clamp. Either way, Scotts or BRP they are good companies to deal with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pchansen

Posted June 05, 2004 - 07:53 AM

Anyone know if you can have a forward mount with Pro-Tapers and keep the trailtech panoram computer. Something like a mounting bracket that attach's to the fork pinch bolts?

• qadsan

Posted June 05, 2004 - 08:39 AM

Anyone know if you can have a forward mount with Pro-Tapers and keep the trailtech panoram computer

I had the same setup and mounted my Trailtech on the bars with the included bar mount. It's a cheap little plastic thing, but it's held up well so far and never gets popped when I unexpectedly get off my bike.

I bought my Scotts setup from www.hardracing.com a few years ago and they honored their low price guarantee. They beat out everyone elses price and I shopped every dealer I could find and they were quick to have my product shipped. If I was buying a GPR, I'd probably see what kind of price Barnums could give me. The GPR V2 setup is awefully nice and I wouldn't mind that setup if I didn't have my Scotts.

• Ciqir

Posted June 05, 2004 - 08:51 AM

I just used the stock odometer mount on my triple when mounting the panoram.

• BRP27

Posted June 07, 2004 - 11:57 AM

Correction: The forward mount Kit is $649 and $29 bracket to move the odometer. OUCH !!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.