WR carb tuning and gray wire

2 replies to this topic
  • Rocklin_Rick

Posted June 03, 2004 - 07:07 AM

I recently bought a canadian 2003 wr450 and it was setup by a shop for Colorado altitudes. It has a FMF pipe with stock header, 170 main (stock would be 160) jet and the clip is on the 4th notch--stock setting. The airbox has not been altered. The bike currently runs rough @ midrange and I need to get it smoothed out for sea level as I'm going to Ocotillo Wells next week. Am I too fat on the main jet? What would be the right size? Do I need to modify the airbox? Also trying to find that illustrious gray wire----do the canadian bikes have that wire? If so where do I cut? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted June 03, 2004 - 11:46 AM

check out this site for grey wire location and airbox mod :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 03, 2004 - 12:03 PM

Canadian bikes should be gray wire free.
I would put in a 160 main for summer time even with the air box mod. Stock needle in clip 4 or 5. It should run pretty good. To get the midrange and 1/4 throttle to work better buy the JD jetting kit from this forum web sites store. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.