free mods

5 replies to this topic
  • squad56

Posted June 02, 2004 - 07:08 PM

any one know of any free mods i could do to my yz450?anything that you all come up with would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

• saucebox

Posted June 03, 2004 - 12:54 PM

not sure if you read it on here or not but a lot of guys take the tps off.. all you have to do is unplug it and i guess you get about 2 hp out of it and it smooths out that glitch in the power band. if you look back a few posts there is one on it. havent done it to mine yet cuz the damn things been in the shop since the day i got it.

• squad56

Posted June 03, 2004 - 06:01 PM

thanks ill check back a little ways and see if it'll help me at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted June 03, 2004 - 08:17 PM

It will help. FFR started the posts about it, he even has dyno runs. Tim Ferry never ran one when he was riding the 426. Probably not on the 450 either. Unplug it, if you dont like the results, plug it back in! No harm done and it will take no tools and about 15 seconds.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 07, 2004 - 04:13 PM

try the good 'ol BK carb mod to help throttle response. It works like a charm. It may cost you 3$ to do this mod but thats not much. Also, to help keep your filter cleaner, longer, try cutting out some foam from bulk filter foam to make an airbox "cover" to fit under your seat. this pre-filter robs no power due to restriction in flow, and cuts your air cleaner replacements in half. By the way, removing the TPS seemed to cause a delay in response on my modified 426.

• Fastest1

Posted June 07, 2004 - 05:03 PM

The BK/GB mod is not necessary on a 450!

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.