first ride on yz450

4 replies to this topic
  • squad56

Posted June 02, 2004 - 06:55 PM

let me tell you all that i cant believe i ever rode a yz250.the power on this bike starts from idle. i hopped on my buddies 96 yz250 and the throttle felt very light and very underpowered to me. ill never ride anything but my 450. im happy to be aboard a four stroke.

• grayracer513

Posted June 02, 2004 - 08:10 PM

welcome to the newest version of an old reality
(Thumpers are Truth)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 07, 2004 - 08:23 PM

Welcome new thumper. Always remember - There is always an exception to the rule...

Anyone remember the days of the KX500 and CR500? I had the opportunity to ride a modifued KX500 several years back.

Yet one more incident where a 2 stroke has forced an underwear change....

- RCD :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 08, 2004 - 12:48 AM

My buddy rides an AF500 (CR500 motor in a late model CR250 frame). I'm still faster than him. :thumbsup: That thing does throw some roost though..

• Aaron

Posted June 08, 2004 - 04:32 AM

That bike is almost 10 years old and probably has original rings.
I love these ancient 2stroke testimonials. Try an 04.

let me tell you all that i cant believe i ever rode a yz250.the power on this bike starts from idle. i hopped on my buddies 96 yz250 and the throttle felt very light and very underpowered to me. ill never ride anything but my 450. im happy to be aboard a four stroke.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.