Cylinder Head Breather Hose

1 reply to this topic
  • Bambislayer

Posted June 16, 2002 - 03:48 AM

Just curious if I should be worried?

After riding my bike the other day for most of the day, I put it in the truck and noticed that the frame below where the left footpeg attaches had something wet on it.

I figured it was coming from the breather hose which attaches to the cylinder head. The amount of liquid which I assume is gas was not excessive but seemed to be a little more than I have previously seen and more than my friend's brand new 02.

Just curious whether I should be worried if my breather hose is now a seaper hose?

Any thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2002 - 05:47 AM

Totally normal, this is the oil being beatup like egg whites, with some condensation mixed in.

I am assuming there was some drips below the bike as well?

BTW there are plenty of posts regarding this, do a search if you are still wondering

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.