Dynojet XR650R ?

3 replies to this topic
  • BRP27

Posted June 02, 2004 - 07:04 AM

What is the groups opinion on using a Dynojet kit in the XR650R. It will not solve the flooding problem after dropping the bike. Is it worth $69? www.dynojet.com I did a rejet for the uncork but I am running a little rich right now (172 main, replaced needle jet 3rd position, 68s pilot jet, 90F, sea level)so I am considering re jetting again( a little rich is not all bad, runs cooler and runs good and starts easy). Save my money and get the Edelbrock? leave it alone?

• qadsan

Posted June 02, 2004 - 07:47 AM

If you're happy with the off idle performance and don't mind the way the bike starts after a fall, then I'd recommend to play around a bit more with different jets to better dial in the bike. I don't have any experience with the dynojet kit, but my guess is they've probably done their research & development to produce a custom tapered needle which is probably where the bulk of their performance increase comes from.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heliosstudios

Posted June 02, 2004 - 10:02 AM

The Dynojet needle I got with the $45 "L" kit from http://rockymountainatv.com is very unusual, it does not taper gradually but gets very narrow near the middle. Perhaps that's what you meant by "back cut," Qadsan.

P.S. For future reference the Dynojet main jets in the kit are listed as "160" and "165" and do not have a "D" on them anywhere.

• qadsan

Posted June 02, 2004 - 10:50 AM

...it does not taper gradually but gets very narrow near the middle. Perhaps that's what you meant by "back cut," Qadsan

No, I actually meant the needle is cut on the backside, which creates a stable cross sectional opening that doesn't move around like a conventional round tapered needle. Here's a picture of an Edelbrock needle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.