Importing the Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit into Canada

3 replies to this topic
  • thekannatakid

Posted May 29, 2001 - 02:35 PM

Does anyone out there have any experience with this?

I ordered some snowmobile parts from the States once, they were a smokin' good deal till I paid duty, brokerage and GST. After that I might as well have gone to the local dealer and paid full retail, and had them in 10 mins!

I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me what to expect to pay in duty, brokerage, etc, not to mention any other hidden fees.

This is the only thing holding me back!

Thanks in advance,

Orrin

• JAAB

Posted May 29, 2001 - 04:50 PM

I find that importing things becomes really easy when you use these guys
www.borderfree.com
good luck!

------------------
2000 WR 400F fondly known as "WROOF"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BillS

Posted June 01, 2001 - 06:00 PM

Yeah I did it. Came to over $700 CDN and took weeks but I have more $ than brains. I can dig up the papers and give you the exact amount if you want. I still don't regret it. I love having a plate and being able to explore back roads. Without the blinkers you wouldn't look very legal. As it is people do double takes cause they think I'm driving a YZ in traffic. Say do you really live in Kanata?

------------------
00WR400, BD Dual Sport Kit, Airbox lid removed, UFO Dakar Hand Guards, Panoram Computer, Ottawa, Canada

• ScottyR

Posted June 02, 2001 - 06:12 PM

Whenever you order something from the USA, see if they will send it US Mail, not UPS. UPS bones you ($40 minimum)with their brokerage fees and the duty is always higher when they do the paperwork. Canada Post might charge you $5 for brokerage fees and I have bought a few things that I never did get charged duty on. A lot of places wont send stuff US Mail but it never hurts to ask. Good Luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.