Edelbrok, Mikuni or FCR2?

6 replies to this topic
  • matatac

Posted June 01, 2004 - 05:22 PM

Hi guys,
I am looking to replace my carb on my 1998 WR400 and was wondering if anyone has used the Edelbrok (Part No15-1119) and can compare it to the FCR2. The FCR2 is very difficult to get over here (Singapore)so was hoping to get either this Edelbrok or one of the Mikuni carbs from this web site.

Any feed back? Do you have to change the throttle cables to use their ones? What size Mikuni is suggested? What is easier to work on?

Cheers guys n gals.

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 01, 2004 - 05:27 PM

One TT'er SWORE w/ the Edlebrock on his 98/99. Said it ran MUCHO better.

• Squidward

Posted June 02, 2004 - 04:14 AM

Why are you replacing the current carb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matatac

Posted June 02, 2004 - 02:09 PM

Someone wanted it more than me...

• matatac

Posted June 06, 2004 - 07:00 PM

Anyone else have experience with the Edelbrok carb?

• Lowedog

Posted June 06, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Click here for an informative post from the DRZ forum. Nice write up on the Edelbrock carb. The post kind of turned into a pissing match but it has some great info on the carb.

:cheers:Lowedog

• N7SLC

Posted June 07, 2004 - 03:08 AM

My FCR on my '01 DRZ440E has been a PITA to adjust. It's still not
right. I have considered the Edelbrock a bunch lately...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.