oil change

5 replies to this topic
  • yamaman

Posted June 15, 2002 - 08:51 AM

i was wondering how often u guys change your oil. i know in the manuel it says to every ride. is that neccesary. thanks

• acarter920

Posted June 15, 2002 - 09:24 PM

Every ride is not a bad idea... but really isnt necessary. I think most people here change their oil every 3-5 rides. When parts are moving at 12k RPM, the oil tends to break down quickly.

• Pazzo_P

Posted June 15, 2002 - 01:03 PM

Every 3 hrs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SkinSF

Posted June 16, 2002 - 03:38 AM

I change it every 3 rides. I ride moto cross and a ride works out to be about one hours worth of riding.

Please take note about magnetic drain plugs. DO NOT BUY THE MOOSE MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG. :) The threads are not correct and the company sends a steel washer with it. The result is a striped out hole. The company will tell you "to bad get over it" and "we don't care of you tell everyone on the TT bulletin Board".

• yznvegas

Posted June 16, 2002 - 12:34 PM

The strainer is not really a concern. I pulled mine for the first oil change and it was totally clean. I wouldn't worry about the strainer except maybe every 3 or 4 oil changes.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 16, 2002 - 03:55 PM

If you do check the strainer, I won' again, remember to loosen the aluminum tube below it where it goes into the case below the oil pump and filter. Loosen several turns and pull it out of detent before screwing with strainer clamp or bolt.

Good luck,
mwc

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.