m. cylinder guard and fork seals '99 yz400

5 replies to this topic
  • desperado

Posted June 15, 2002 - 04:37 AM

I need the aluminum rear master cylinder guard/cover for a 99 yz400. If anyone has one to spare, let me know what you want for it. They're a little pricey new.

I just had to replace the front fork seals on this '99 I've had for about 4 months. Don't know when/if they were replaced previously. Is it a recurring problem with these flipped forks and (if so) how often?

• freestyle111

Posted June 15, 2002 - 11:35 AM

to bad you dont live in san jose,ca.i saw a couple DSP carbonfiber mastercylnder guards on closet out for $49 last weekend at CycleGear

• Fireballsocal

Posted June 15, 2002 - 08:05 PM

Desperado. The fork seals on my 99 are original. So is the oil for that matter. Yours might have just worn out or there could have been calcium deposits on the fork legs from washing the bike and not drying the fork legs off. The calcium deposits eat up the fork seals or so I've read.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desperado

Posted June 18, 2002 - 07:57 AM

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 18, 2002 - 08:27 AM

So wiping the forks off after washing the bike is a good idea huh. What about spraying WD-40 on them or something else?

• m2g4b

Posted June 18, 2002 - 11:21 AM

Hey Desperado,
you talking about the alum. guard that bolts to the frame and covers the plastic rear master cylinder? if so man, i still have the stock one from my 98 model that i would part with, so shot me an offer....cause i have know idea what the price of one is.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.