-=[ FREE MOD LINKS ]=-

6 replies to this topic
  • Desert_Storm

Posted June 01, 2004 - 09:42 AM

This is for all those with new WR's that are always asking for the free mods. :thumbsup: I know there are more links but this one's pretty simple and has some pictures. If anyone else has some links to add, go ahead. I'm just trying to keep everything in one post. Someday TT may just keep a post with the links at the top so new people won't have to ask. :awww:

http://www.off-road....4/runright.html

• sabin

Posted June 02, 2004 - 10:59 AM

The guys on the 250 side has very nice tagged tread for new users, explaining some of the usual question. I thing it will be good if our moderator make the same on the WR side.

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 02, 2004 - 04:50 PM

Good idea, and good link, but can you tell me how to get 48hour days so I can get some of this stuff done... :thumbsup:

The problem for me is that the Australian bikes don't have throttle stops to be shortened, and have different mufflers... I wil have to scrounge some pics from someone stateside to cover all bases...

I will shuffle it up on my list of things to finish by the weekend (ain't saying which weekend though... :awww:)

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desert_Storm

Posted June 03, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Good idea! :awww:
If you find some, post em please!
Thanky :thumbsup:

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 03, 2004 - 03:16 PM

Give me a few weeks to get a wr450, and I'll take a bunch of high res photo's for you of the stuff I change before and after.

Of course, I'm still pretty new to working on motorcycles so I'll be winging it, but the pics should be ok.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 03, 2004 - 06:06 PM

I did all those mods to my 04 WR450 and it made a huge improvement!!!!!!! My WR is a rocket ship!

• wrooster

Posted June 04, 2004 - 07:39 PM

If anyone else has some links to add, go ahead.

most every mod that we have detailed in the 250F FAQ is directly applicable to the 450F as well. and besides the mods section, there is a ton of info on maintenance and jetting that "crosses over" to the 450F. in particular, the procedures for greasing your swingarm/linkage bearings, verifying that your valve clearances are correct, and adjusting the bog out of your accelerator pump may come in very handy.

click on
http://www.thumperfaq.com/sitemap.htm
and keep scrolling down for all the info...

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.