Yamaha doesn't sell the AC pump arm????

11 replies to this topic
  • Frostbite

Posted May 31, 2004 - 02:52 PM

My throttle slide plate broke a couple of months ago during a ride in the snow. When it happened I first thought that the carb had iced up and while I was trying to chip a bit of ice away, I broke the little plastic lever that connects the throttle linkage to the AC pump. I emailed the dealer to order the plate and arm and a few other things.When the package with the plate arrived, a note said that some things were backordered. I assumed that the AC arm was one of them. I've been riding without it but it's not great. I called the dealer today to see what the holdup was and they informed me that the little plastic AC lever cannot be ordered seperately, I would have to order a complete carb for $1500 to get it! Does anybody know where I can get one of these before I start whittling one out of a walrus tusk?
Posted Image

• bushy

Posted May 31, 2004 - 02:56 PM

I say use the walrus tusk! :thumbsup:

• Matt96xr6

Posted May 31, 2004 - 03:17 PM

Well you have a few options. Get the measurements and have a machine shop make one from aluminum or steel. Make 5 of them and sell off the extras. Should make it about a no cost thing then.

Or go buy a new carb. You can go Edelbrock or get one from a 426, 450 or CRF 450 and a remote hotstart.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 31, 2004 - 03:21 PM

In a worst case, YZFan has had excellent results with the Edlebrock carb. Said it made his bike into a new bike, completely cured his bog problem. He got it new in the box on eBay, I think under $200, he can tell you more details.

• etownyzf

Posted May 31, 2004 - 03:30 PM

-try some local bike shops,usally they have junk street bike carbs laying around for parts&those carbs are in most jap streetbikes-or you could just try carbpartswharehouse-they may have a websitr not sure-they are in the small adds in the back of most mx mags

• Frostbite

Posted May 31, 2004 - 03:42 PM

Boys, I can hit the Arctic Circle from here with a snowball. :thumbsup: There are no bike shops or machine shops or MX magazines. :awww:
It's hard to believe that the Edelbrock carb is so inexpensive. I just paid $148 for my throttle slide plate (the slide itself is $500) and $105 for the idle adjustment knob/cable. If I had've known I would've got an Edelbrock in a heartbeat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captain_S

Posted June 01, 2004 - 11:03 AM

Looks like you gonna have to make a new part,just be sure to make it from something that will not turn brittle with the cold weather you get! :thumbsup:

• groundhog

Posted June 01, 2004 - 02:00 PM

Hey Frostbite,
My bike is at work, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I think I can make one with the old waterjet & a little tig welding. I'll email you tomorrow.

• skthom2320

Posted June 01, 2004 - 02:44 PM

Did you try carb parts warehouse or Sudco? Both carry parts and jets for FCR carbs.

http://www.carbparts.com/

http://www.sudco.com/

I just checked Sudco's website and they list the part separately - Part No. 021-740 1100-915-70000

Look under "Keihin Carbs" then "MX"

• Frostbite

Posted June 03, 2004 - 03:29 AM

Thanks boys, sorry for the late reply. For some reason this post was showing no new replies since my last entry so I stopped checking it. Ground hog emailed me and pointed out that someone had put up a site. Thanks for that Groundhog and thanks for the site 2320. Gotta love this site :thumbsup:

• Frostbite

Posted June 03, 2004 - 07:17 AM

Just got off the horn with Sudco. They have the part in stock and are sending it today, 3 bucks! Thanks anyway for offering to make one Groundhog.:thumbsup:

• ebyz400f

Posted June 05, 2004 - 09:18 PM

I actually had mine break too and had to find a spare carb off ebay because sudco said they didn't have it. whatever. If somebody was going to machine parts I'd pay $15.00 for a little aluminum that I didn't have to worry about. Glad you got yours cheap though. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.