WR450 Brake Line Ruptured!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • YamahaSteve

Posted May 31, 2004 - 12:54 PM

I was coming down this nasty hill with the rear brake dragging and the front just keeping my speed down to a reasonable pace and BAM, the bike just started to slide faster and faster and I wondered what this fluid all over my goggles was at that moment. I pulled the brake lever harder and it bottomed out and I said to myself "Oh oh...". Then I finally wrecked out... Then I had to walk it to the bottom of this hill with no front brake, what a treat that was...

I have never liked the brake line setup on my 04 WR450. If anyone has one they will know what I am talking about. It goes down then up and then down and there is alot of strain on the line right were it turns down into solid tubing. That is where it split open.

Has anyone had this happen? Has anyone repelaced the line with a YZ line or another brand that is superior? Ideas welcome here, thanks.

• YamahaSteve

Posted May 31, 2004 - 09:22 PM

Anyone?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted May 31, 2004 - 09:30 PM

fastline

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 01, 2004 - 02:35 AM

Honda routed braided steel line is what I use. Will not rupture. :thumbsup:

• mtrablue

Posted June 01, 2004 - 10:20 AM

ride engineering braided steel, honda routing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.