Oil and filter changes

5 replies to this topic
  • YZFmunky

Posted May 31, 2004 - 05:44 AM

How often do you guys change your oil and filter on the 450?

• Vet28

Posted May 31, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Vet28 changes his oil after every 2 rides (4-5 hours). His filter goes every 10 hours.

It's cheap piece of mind. Depending on how/where you ride that is.

Some go 15 hours on a filter.

Vet28 :thumbsup:

• svotta

Posted May 31, 2004 - 03:51 PM

I just changed my oil and filter for the first time today. Wow! So much more complicated then on my 2-stroke. Had fun doing it though. Something like four drain plugs, oil filter, oil screen, etc... all new stuff to me. One thing, when I removed the frame drain bolt oil gushed all over my front tire. Big mess but I won't make that mistake again. Live and learn.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Anssi

Posted June 01, 2004 - 01:01 AM

Usually no real need to remove the screen from the frame. I take it out about every 30 ours and it's very clean. I change my oil every 5 hours and my filter every 10 hours.

• gonzo

Posted June 01, 2004 - 03:47 AM

I change both oil and filter every 5 times I ride.

• dvn

Posted June 02, 2004 - 03:12 AM

I change my oil every 2-3 hours and filter every other oil change. Cheap insurance.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.