Pic of the '03 YZ450F! Ride Blue instead!

9 replies to this topic
  • Chewbacca

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:49 PM

Well the cat is finally out of the bag! Info, specs, photos and VR tour.

<center>Posted Image

Thump on!

• thumpsalad

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:54 PM

• freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:55 PM

for $6250 i'd rather own the new 4 stroke tm

• bonez34

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:57 PM

Why would you rather work on errrr... I mean own a TM? those things are junk like the cannondales!

• therapture

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:01 PM

I am dying to find out if my super-set-up-modified forks and shock from my 2000 will fit on the 2003? :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:02 PM

i wonder how much of yamaha's profits will be used to fight for our rights to keep riding areas open?i wondering if they are trying to develop a non redsticker bike for calif.?i wonder if they are sitting around drinking saki and laughing at all the stupid americans buying new bikes when there will soon be nowhere to ride.

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• intothumpin

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:49 PM

Last week I spoke with one of the guys from Yamaha's race team. I told him I had a deposit on the new 450F. He said something that got me very excited about this new bike. He said if I liked the 250F I would love the new 450, because it handles more like the 250F than a 426. I am not sure about the 4 speed though. I do a fair amount of woods & desert riding. I may have to buy both a WR & YZ. I'll get the YZ then make up my mind, since it will be another 3 or 4 months for the WR's to arrive. The e-start in the woods is the hot ticket. Did a long ride the other day with a friend that rides a KTM 400EXC. By the end of the day everyone envyed him and that little magic button.

• RAR

Posted June 14, 2002 - 02:12 AM

Sweet looking bike!! I hope my buddy gets one so I can ride it. I have to say the exhuast is about as ugly as my CRF's. It's way too long and will propbably twist the sub-frame like pretzel in a loopout. A big problem with CRF owners. I cut my exhuast 5 inches and it looks way better. I think the new YZF owners should consider this mod too.

• beezer

Posted June 14, 2002 - 04:36 AM

I have an order in for a YZ-450. The bike looks really nice. I learned my lesson with the wierd bikes, resale on them is squat. I'm getting close to what I paid for my 02 426.

• intothumpin

Posted June 14, 2002 - 07:51 AM

YEEEHAAAA I just called my dealer (Yamaha of Troy) to see where I was on the list. His response was, Dude your name's on the first one that comes in. (I put my deposit down a month ago) He couldn't give any pricing or an idea of what their allocation will be. He will let me know next week when the Yamaha rep shows up. No idea of actual delivery date either, but I'm hoping they'll be early!!
I love my 250f but I am tired of being smoked off the line in the vet class by 426's 450's & 520's. Now it's my turn. Oh boy, now that I said that I better start practicing my starts!

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.