95'XR628 pinging while rpm coming up HELP

3 replies to this topic
  • AzXr628

Posted May 30, 2004 - 04:49 PM

I just bought this bike,it has been sitting for sometime.clean the carb and richen up the jet,BUT it pings hard as the rpm increases. +/- same rpm any gear.Also kick starter sticks down

• AzMtnThumper

Posted May 30, 2004 - 09:07 PM

I had a slight pinging problem (stock engine, low-mid RPM under load) that I solved by going up one on the pilot (I use a 70 at the lower elevations) and using a cooler spark plug (NGK DPR9EA-9). I always use 91 octane. I don't know much about the 628 kit but I think the compression is signifigantly higher than stock. You may need richer jetting or higher octane fuel. This Japanese guy has some jetting suggestions in the carburetor settings area: XR of XR's - XR 600 specs

If you need some pages out of the factory manual reagarding the kickstarter (broken spring?) shoot me a PM. Welcome to TT. :thumbsup: :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzXr628

Posted May 31, 2004 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the info I'll jump into the carb this week to see what I've got.and Brett Phx is 103 today ,so when I get this ping gone maybe you will show me some of the Cool Flagstaff trails. Donn Jeepnsw@aol.com

• AzMtnThumper

Posted May 31, 2004 - 12:56 PM

Donn,
Good luck getting your XR sorted out. I put you in my riding contacts folder.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.