Rear brake pedal.

6 replies to this topic
  • Ymmr

Posted May 30, 2004 - 04:51 AM

I've done a search and it seems a few people have had the same problem but no soulutions. I'm a tall rider and would like to reduce the height of the rear brake pedal. I've cut the adjustment bolt down and removed the top lock nut to tighten the adjustment gizmo up as high as possible but would still like it up higher (to make the pedal move lower). Anyone find anything that works??? Thanks.

• Ymmr

Posted May 30, 2004 - 05:32 AM

Well, I've been considering it some more and I think the best solution will be to make a new 'U' shaped gizmo and just drill the holes a few mm higher. The bends should be fairly easy and then drill to the desired height.
Any comments would be appreciated.

• John407

Posted May 30, 2004 - 07:07 AM

Obvious question I know, but you've already used up all the adjustment?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JakeAcab

Posted May 30, 2004 - 11:46 AM

personally i think its to small for my huge flipper but otherwise its good

• YZFan

Posted May 30, 2004 - 11:56 AM

I had to bend my brake lever after I lowered the footpegs. Even standing I was push the lever with my foot. I just used a little heat and bent it. Good luck

• Gizabious

Posted June 13, 2004 - 01:43 AM

I had to cut the adjusting bolt on the rear brake (took off 5mm) after i did the low footpeg mod, got the pedal level with the footpeg. But now having a bit of trouble with the kickstart hitting the teeth of the footpeg and putting big dints in the kickstart, anyone know an easy fix for this??

• Hamish

Posted June 13, 2004 - 10:08 PM

i found that if I adjusted the pedal as low as it could go, that there was very little 'feel' in the pedal. This was due to the fact that the angle of the linkage had gone 'over centre' The only real solution is to make a new brake level. I'll post some pics when I get it done.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.