03 426 lighter then a Honda!!

25 replies to this topic
  • 426guy

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:20 PM

it's official.....
the 03 450 is 1 lb. lighter then the Honda..
a good friend called me from the vegas show..
he said i will not beleive how good the bike looks..
.. 15 lbs. lighter.. seat is flat like a honda.. all new plastic..and the list goes on...

• thumper4life

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:30 PM

im about to cry of anticipation!!! :)

i wanna see what it looks like :D

• teamtoxic

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:34 PM

Too bad your buddy didn't have a digital camera, laptop, and internet connection :) If this is true, I can already see the flames to be thrown in the next few weeks!!!!!

TT

• freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:36 PM

who cares about the yz450 did he say anything about the new 4 stroke kawasaki?

• 426guy

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:44 PM

check out yamahas website tonight (thur) at 9:00pm for picture of the new bike...

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:56 PM

is it just me or is kawasaki totally **** gay? I cant believe they signed J.S. to race for them. i cant stand bubba stewart! sorry, but thats the way i am!

-------------------------------------------------
Watch the language...there are kids on the board!
-------------------------------------------------

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Steve Claus ]

• freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:11 PM

dont bad mouth "team green" i might go postal

• westladog

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla:
is it just me or is kawasaki totally ***** gay? I cant believe they signed J.S. to race for them. i cant stand bubba stewart! sorry, but thats the way i am!

Are you guys nuts? We are on the topic of the new Yamaha 450....

No Need to quote the foul language in your posts... this is a family site... yamaha.dude

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

• freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:57 PM

we can discuss yamaha all you want as long as everyone remembers to worship kawasaki.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:06 PM

ok, i cant dis kaw cuz im a formaer green rider, but i can diss james stewart, he should go play basketball, lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • seanmorris

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:12 PM

221 lbs :)

• MXOldtimer

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:35 PM

Originally posted by 426guy:
it's official.....
the 03 450 is 1 lb. lighter then the Honda..
a good friend called me from the vegas show..
he said i will not beleive how good the bike looks..
.. 15 lbs. lighter.. seat is flat like a honda.. all new plastic..and the list goes on...

If you weigh the CRF with the purple pantyhose that makes the YZ-450 2 lbs lighter :)

• yznvegas

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:37 PM

Vanilla, you couldn't hold Bubba's jock strap you racist bastard.

If I ever see you on the trail (thats if you even ride), I'll beat the livin' crap outta' you myself you little PUNK> :) :D

• MAD_POTTER

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:43 PM

Vegas, give vanilla a break, He's only 17 and hasn't reached puberty yet. :D :D :D
Maybe someday he'll realize what an ass he is. LOL :)

• C'dale136

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:45 PM

Back to the subject. The specs say that they shaved 10 LBS of the bike. I thought the YZ426 was more than 10lbs heaver than a CRF???

• twej

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:46 PM

yznvegas, you said it better than I could have. I was gonna stop at racist, but racist bastage is better.

Wej

• freestyle111

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:48 PM

vanilla your ignorance is shining bright tonight

• yznvegas

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:52 PM

Hey Vanilla, I see that you are a mechanic. WOW, big aspirations for a 17 year old.

NEWS FLASH, idiot, Bubba will make more $ this YEAR alone than you will make all year, you pathetic little piece of dung.

• osheen

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:56 PM

We'll have to wait and see what the "real" weight is. How about the 4 spd trans on the YZF? Desert guys won't like that. Also, 1.8 gal tank kinda small on YZ. The WR has a nice flat seat though.

I hate to contribute to being off the subject, but What is with Bubba taking his helmet off all the time. He can hardly get across the line and his helmet is off. Looks like a goon parading around with no helmet. Is he thinking "hey everyone, look at me, I'm black" or is he just claustrophobic?

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: osheen ]

• Bambislayer

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:00 PM

Vegas or should I call you the pc police. I don't agree with what he said either, but you getting so worked up over it is silly. If his underlying racist viewpoints hold true in his daily life and actions, we both know he will not cut it in this world. Calm down.

Besides, some high level mechanics through proper investing can make much more money that the average motorcycle racer. While you might say that Bubba is not average and would be correct, he has yet to remain unhurt and ride a long financially rewarding career. Mechanics and those mechanics who got to go to college(engineers) make all of this possible for us so don't diss them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.