03/04 exhaust cam mod

3 replies to this topic
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted May 29, 2004 - 05:58 PM

ive got a 99 yz400f and im gonna be replacing the exhaust cam with somethin better. i was thinkin of tryen the 450 cam. is the 04 cam the same as the 03. also what kinda off gains should i expect. will i also need to change the getting at all, i ve got the jd needle and stuff.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 29, 2004 - 07:04 PM

Shane, get the 03 part, it's cheaper than the 04 and exactly the same. I bought a cam and a stock Yamaha plug from a TT member for $105 US shipped, I would send you the stock rubber plug but I moved for the summer and left it behind. Dig around and you'll probably find a good deal on the cam. You shouldn't have to change the jetting at all, and good luck! :thumbsup:

PS- how is the fuel screw working for you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted May 30, 2004 - 03:08 PM

oh right on. i work at local bike shop i get a pretty good deal. is the plug off the 450 of somethin. ive also heard of those plugs popping out, anything to do to keep it in there.
ya wheni put the fuel screw int it went in wrong somehow and it messed up the screw threads. my bike is running perfect anyway so i didn't need it. im gonna try a fix the threads a little bit, maybe get it to work.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 30, 2004 - 07:38 PM

The rubber plug is off the 450, but you'd be better off to get the Vibeguy plug from the store.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.