Opinions on HRC cams

1 reply to this topic
  • rg_series

Posted May 29, 2004 - 04:44 PM

I have an 89 XR600 and was wondering what your opinion is of the the HRC cam for the 628 kit. Do any mods have to be done (hard face rockers, shortened valve guides, etc..)? I have a JE 100.5mm 10.5:1 piston, edelbrock pumper carb niks proX rod, stainless valves, supertrapp exhaust and I am building the bike for racing hills at the dunes. How does this cam compare with the hot cams stage1 or one of Barnum's cams for my application or just in general. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mr660

Posted May 31, 2004 - 08:58 PM

I built my 96 600r with the thumper racing 660 kit and the HRC cam. What a difference it made! If you stay with the factory parts you will be fine. that is why i went with the HRC cam. i did replace the rockers and sub rockers r/t some wear on them. stay away from the hot cams r/t a softer alloy and it will wear quicker and eat the rockers. The HRC cam comes with the auto decompression system already on it. you can get it through www.servicehonda.com for $240.00. the barnums cam is also good because they regrind the factory cam, so you still are dealing with equal alloys. I was very pleased with the HRC cam it made the bike really come alive especially on the top end. i really can't tell if it hurt anywhere else because when i did the mods to my bike i did them all at the same time. good luck if you have any more questions about these mods drop me a personal message. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.