Gold Valves in 03 YZ450 forks question

4 replies to this topic
  • km98045

Posted May 29, 2004 - 01:48 PM

Has anyone installed Race Tech Gold valves on the Kayaba forks from a 03 YZ450? I just did it but I'm not sure about the base plate. The compression valve doesn't match Race Tech's diagram. There's like a check valve at the bottom of the base, then a couple of thicker washers, then the valve shims and the gold valve above that. I'm not sure if I leave the check valve or not. Any suggestions? I'm taking some pictures to send but Race Tech won't be open till Tuesday next.

• km98045

Posted June 03, 2004 - 04:35 AM

According to Race Tech it looks like I leave it. They said everything below the thick washers leave. So..... Hope this is right.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted June 03, 2004 - 04:47 AM

The GOld valves are nice, but I usually spring for the extra cash of the Delta Valves so you dont have to mess with that.

• Satch0922

Posted June 03, 2004 - 05:37 AM

PM TexasDirtNap . He just recently installed the gold valves on his 04. Should be similar.

• id250f

Posted June 03, 2004 - 05:36 PM

i've got the gold valves, but i had a local guru guy install .... so I guess i'm no help ... but sometimes it's just fun to reply.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.